Title Renewable Energy Specialists
Project Number UK/09LLP-LdV/TOI-163_246
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text The project was be a platform to share the regional/ national differences in VET within the renewable energy sector. The project trained, tested, qualified, and accredited VET teacher trainers, crafts professionals with relevant vocational experience and IVT students in the UK (2 groups of 10 people). We made the teacher training commercially viable so that UK VET institutions can offer accredited training courses to professionals and IVT students. We equipped people with the skills to teach/ train and to carry out skilled work in the renewable energy sector.
Summary The was developed over the years to address the need for qualified and well-trained people working in the renewable energy sector. The project was a platform to share the regional/ national differences in vocational education and training (VET) within the renewable energy sector. This 2-year project started in October 2009 and we worked with UK crafts colleges, industry partners and organisations already delivering training in renewable energy across Europe. We transferred a training scheme used across Europe and adapt it to suit the needs of UK professionals, teachers, trainers.
The main activities of the project:
* To prepare country specific briefing sheets, a snapshot of current developments and challenges in the renewable energy sector in the UK and in each of the partner countries (Austria and Germany).
* To translate and adapt training resources developed under the Solarteur® brand, a well-established training for professionals since 1995.
* Using the translated and adapted resources, the project then trained, tested, qualified, and accredited 10 VET teacher trainers, crafts professionals with relevant vocational experience. The second pilot group of 10 IVT students/ people in the labour market will be trained by some of the newly qualified teachers/ trainers.
* Disseminate and mainstream the project’s outcomes within the sector on a local, national and international level
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
program or curricula
1) UK Needs Analysis - Briefing Sheets (VET teachers/ trainers, IVT students, RE Professionals)
2) Briefing Sheets (country specific VET in RE) & Glossary of technical terms
3) Teacher/ Trainer Handbooks
4) Student Handbook/ training resources
5) Project Website