Title InnoTrain CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility in VET
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147 229
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
"InnoTrain CSR" has helped to integrate strategic knowledge and practical skills on Corporate Social Responsibility as a qualification in VET.
"InnoTrain CSR" has transfered missing CSR knowledge into enterprises by qualifying trainers especially in SMEs and training institutes.
Companies more and more tend to orientate themselves on the basic principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and thereby are able to create competitive advantages. Around 75 percent of the companies asked in an analysis among SMEs that has been carried out in the frame of an EU financed project by GILDE in Germany, France and Poland, believe in an increasing importance of CSR in the future. But it is quite often the case that CSR strategies still are a topic on the level of management and decision makers only. Sustainably successful companies however show a range of CSR involvement over the whole stuff. Furthermore research by GILDE has shown main barriers of CSR in companies in the field of missing practical knowhow about the topic on the side of their human resources.
The „InnoTrain CSR“ project thereforee has aimed to:
1. Enable to involve all employees into the CSR issues and strategy of their organization due to an integration of CSR knowledge in the vocational education and training activities.
2. Support strategic knowledge, operative qualifications and personal development of participants on CSR qualifications.
3. Communicate CSR, which is often regarded as a too complex issue, in a more practice-orientated way and by flexible formats in VET such as seminars, Internet and educational films.
The methodology of the project has consisted of two main parts:
1. CSR qualification compendium including educational films developed in Germany, Great Britain, Portugal and Hungary.
2. Adoption and dissemination of the compendium in VET all over Europe by the partner organizations.
According to the methodology several steps have been undertaken starting with best practice selection workshops for CSR companies in order to develop educational films on CSR. It has shown up as most important for the project consortium to integrate different CSR approaches of existing companies into a broad and comprehensive view of the overall strategic CSR spectrum demonstrated by European enterprises.
Therefore, CSR study visits have been undertaken followed by film work with following companies:
1. Hanning & Kahl (Germany) – CSR Best-Practice-Company in the category„CSR at the working place“
2. Praktiker (Hungary) – CSR Best-Practice-Company in the category „CSR in the market“
3. Valorsul (Portugal) – CSR Best-Practice-Company in the category „CSR in the environment“
4. Pritchard Englefield Solicitors (UK) – CSR Best-Practice-Company in the category „CSR in the community“
The educational films about CSR companies in the states of the project partnership have been undertaken by professors and students in media production at the University of Applied Sciences Ostwestfalen-Lippe.
In terms of quality management, the project partnership has ensured strategic consultations of the film team in order to create a consistent and coherent compendium along the differences of the national best practice examples demonstrated in the CSR movies, the CSR modules and other forms of online and offline media.
The films about CSR and the CSR Compendium have been published under www.csr-europe.eu. They have been developed by integrating project partners and best-practice-companies.
Further main activities during the project have been to adopt and disseminate the CSR qualification compendium in vocational education and trainings carried out by the project partners in their states including additional dissemination around further European states by their networks.
Already during the project duration as well as after finalizing "InnoTrain CSR", the project has shown broad impact on the national VET systems. A great number of renewed organisations have asked for the CSR training material and seminars.
Last but not least, the German project partners of "InnoTrain CSR" have been asked by the Federal Ministry on Labour and Social Affairs to carry out a 3 years qualification project on CSR which also relies on "InnoTrain CSR" materials. The new project aims to make 50 small and medium sized enterprises become CSR companies.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
The products and results of the project have been presented in a comprehensive CSR qualification compendium designed in flexible modules and for varying learning situations in vocational education and training.
The compendium contains:
1. CSR training modules: Educational modules on CSR for VET; designed for seminars with an overall length of 480 minutes; available in the project languages German, English, Portuguese and Hungarian.
2. CSR educational films: Documentary films on best practice examples of real existing CSR companies in the partnership’s states available in the project languages.
3. CSR online platform www.csr-europe.eu and master DVD.