Title Competence standards in the professional education and further education in the sector of geriatric care
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147242
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The development of competence standards in the professional education in the sector of geriatric care and the wording of scales to the adequate recognition of competences purchased in studying formally, not formally and informally (lifelongly) are prerequisite for the networking of the two politics fields education policy and labour market politics in the geriatric care.
In the project partnership the methodology developed in other sectors was taken up and transferred for the sector of geriatric care for the competence based description occupations (www.ects-chemie.com and www.eqf-chemie.de). Became the competence standard developed here and evaluated internally "geriatric care" with regard to her putting into action in the respective educational systems into interviews of protagonists in this sector judged and are starting point of aim positions of future mobility projects as regards content for trainees.
The professional competences of the about 1 million care powers working from East European countries in Western Europe particularly usually do not comply with the standards demanded there at admission to the (west) European labour market.
Became the competence standards in the sector of "geriatric care" which are in the project developed and evaluated
• the project partner formulated in the national languages and
• coordinated with the respectively nationally current Regularien of professional education.
By the comparison of these competences with each other first instruments were created for an improved mutual recognition of competences in the sector. These instruments also can be used to the recognition of knowledge and skills acquired in mobility measures.
With the LdV projects "ECTS for chemistry worker" and "EQF chemistry" there is a methodology
• to the wording of competence standards and
• knowledge proved by performance points, got skills and competence which was transferred to the sector of "geriatric care" developed. The prerequisites for a better planning and execution of mobility measures are in this sector make it possible at increasing freedom of movement on the European labour market with that.
An essential step has been made by the studying units of (addition and additional qualifications for the country specific end and Weiterbildungsregularien) worked out with the project and discussed with more than 600 protagonists of the geriatric care from all partner countries (DE, OT, IT, SK, PL, TR) for a standardization/harmonization of an outcome oriented education and further education in this sector. Quality and attractiveness of the professional education in the partner countries can be improved by mobility measures significantly under use of these studying units based on competence standards agreed on between the partners.
The chances of employers to the participation in the European labour market in the sector are improved with that, they help to prevent ethical and racial level-crossing barriers to the participation in the European labour market in the sector.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Utilization and distribution of results
Human Health and Social Work Activities
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
description of new occupation profiles
• Development of competence standards in care professions on the basis one output - orientation by empirical - analytical work,
• Definition of standard steps in the care end and further education in agreement with available national and European instruments,
• Support performances in the creation of a European education room for care professions,
• in this meaning synergy effects arise for the education and further education,
Essential work packages were:
• Project fine planning/choice of the professions/activities from the NQF/education regulations of the partner countries of comparable qualification steps in the fields of activity geriatric care,
• Construction of competence profiles according to the K S C principle for professions/activities of comparable qualification steps in the fields of activity geriatric care of the partner countries in the national languages of the partners involved
• Regulations with the aim, the education sections/education constituents or modules suitable for mobility measures find out execution of a comparative analysis of education sections/education constituents or modules this one for the select professions/activities of the partner countries for each of the partners involved relevant regulations of NQF or education guidelines/
• Acquirement of aim positions as regards content for participant in addition-/ addition qualifications also in the context of future mobility measures