Title Design-Practice: A Framework for Preparing Teachers to Teach with ICT
Project Number 2009-1-CY1-LEO05-00465
Product D2: Report on State of the Art on Preparing teachers and trainers to teach with ICT
Title D2: Report on State of the Art on Preparing teachers and trainers to teach with ICT
Product Type others
Marketing Text Reviews of the current literature were conducted in the two areas of teacher training and contemporary approaches of blended, e-learning, and learning designs. In addition to the literature review, the partners contributed by sharing their experience on preparing teachers to teach with ICT. Findings of the review and the reports by the partners were reported in this deliverable, highlighting the major issues in teacher training using online and blended learning, and learning designs approaches.
The main goals of the literature review were to:
1) determine the major problems and deficits in current teacher training programmes on integrating ICT in the classroom, and
2) examine existing e-learning and blended learning models and frameworks, and learning design approaches for teacher training.
Partners also reviewed ICT-related reports, policies, curricula, past evaluation reports, and official documents for each partner country to identify the needs of teachers locally. The thorough critical review included current research published in leading journals related to the needs of the target audience, as well as official documents, international standards, EU directives and priorities, and reports from lead agencies and institutions in distance education and web-based training.
In addition to the literature review, the partners contributed by sharing their experience on preparing teachers to teach with ICT.
ICEM’s contribution included:
• Useful information on US / Asia experience with teaching teachers to integrate ICT:
• Methods for course delivery
• Learning content
• Standards for preparing teachers.
• Institutional Accreditations
• Perspectives from selected case studies
• Teacher preparation online
• Recommendations for teachers, trainers and administrators
The Open UK contribution included:
• Knowledge from the world-leading institution on eLearning and lifelong learning including:
• Promises & challenges of integrating technologies in education
• Learning Design approaches to address the challenges & case studies
• Overview of the OULDI work including CompendiumLD, Cloudworks, Olnet, OPAL and more.
Findings of the review and the reports by the partners were reported in D2, highlighting the major issues in teacher training using online and blended learning, and learning designs approaches. Conclusions from this report were merged with those drawn from the innovation transferred to design a teacher training and learning framework for designing and implementing effective training.
Target group Teachers, trainers, instructional designers, curriculum developers, education leaders (e.g. directors, policy-makers, CEOs, university/college Deans)
Result D2: Report on State of the Art on Preparing teachers and trainers to teach with ICT
Area of application The literature review conducted during the development of D2, along with the exchange of ideas between the partners, helped in identifying the ICT-related training needs of educators in Cyprus and participating countries.
Product Languages English