Project Number UK/09/LLP-LdV/TOI-163_224
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text Clarity has created new training materials to support migrant workers in their workplaces. The project supported a small number of migrants to become own-language trainers in basic workplace courses (for example, Food Hygiene). The new trainers are able to deliver training in the required migrant language. The project worked work closely with companies, training centres and migrant suppoort groups to achieve the outcomes.
Summary Clarity was a two-year project with seven partners. We wanted to create a practical, easy-access routeway to allow migrants who have limited ability in the language of their new country to access basic workplace training. The project worked directly with employers, to be sure that the training was immediaytely useful in real workplaces.
The essential elemts of the project were:
- Research about each country's needs
- Creation of a "Clarity Forum" - a steering committee in the four Core partners, to combine the skills and preferences of businesses that employ migrants, training organisations, and migrant support groups.
- Clarity A. Find and train three migrants in each Core partner, to become trainers in their own language. Translate and prepare the chosen workplace training packages.
- Clarity B. Test the new material with up to 50 migrant workers in each country.
- Evaluate, improve and publish.
Access for disadvantaged
Utilization and distribution of results
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Transportation and Storage
program or curricula
open and distance learning
Product information The project produced tested training materials for the workplace, in a range of subjects and a range of migrant languages. We provided "How TO" guides and detailed information on our methodology. A website is available in 6 languages, here you can find details of the achievements in each country and downloadable printed material.