Title Maximising Employee Performance: Minimising the Impact of Substances
Project Number UK/09/LLP-LdV/TOI-163_265
Product Report of The Needs Analysis
Title Report of The Needs Analysis
Product Type procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
In the context of the global market place and the need to remain competitive, inappropriate use of alcohol and substances by employees is presenting an increasing number of European employers with problems in their workplaces. These problems include increased sickness absence, lower levels of performance, and reduced productivity of staff.
The MEPMIS project is creating an e-learning package, accessed via the MEPMIS website, which teaches line managers practical ways in which they can help minimise the impact that the inappropriate use of alcohol and substances has on their organisation.
Specialist trainers across Europe will be able to use the face-to-face training resource developed by the project. This training will explore in greater depth the impact of inappropriate use of alcohol and substances on employee performance, including:
• Developing a corporate approach to tackle and prevent the problem
• Exploring the challenging issue of alcohol and drug testing
• Enhancing managers knowledge, skills and competencies
• Understanding the legal framework around alcohol, drugs and the workplace
• Implementing practical solutions in the workplace
There were three main elements to the needs analysis activity for the MEPMIS project:
• Identification of existing/similar training courses from which we can learn
• Identification of relevant literature on drugs and alcohol use at the workplace
• Identification of target group representatives needs
The aim of these activities was to provide a basis of producing a training specification for the MEPMIS product which will indicate precisely the kinds of areas that the training will cover, the kinds of treatment that will be given to them and the breakdown training material between face to face elements and website elements.
Target group Trainers, managers in SMEs
Area of application
Product Languages English