Title Creating a Common Foundation In Care with the ECC (CCFC)
Project Number UK/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/163_270
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text Every country needs care staff and many workers go to other states, often working in family or care homes. The European Care Certificate (ECC)provides evidence that the holder knows the basics needed to work safely in social care. It is an agreed set of learning outcomes and an exam (soon to be available on the web) producing a Certificate which can be taken anywhere. The ECC will 'fit inside' any existing award, in any language at any level in any country. The market for the ECC is huge with a largely female unqualified workforce. The ECC helps employee find a job and employers have confidence that they know the basics in care. it is cheap to do & easy to access in your own language and there are no 'set courses' to follow - you can learn in any way you want. any college or employer can deliver it and also have their learning course passed as being 'ECC compliant' which helps marketing.
Summary This project expanded the ECC to 17 EU countries. BUT - we are always looking for more partner states to join us! The project has developed an online version of the ECC exam. We have created national networks of ECC supporters and have been trying to link the ECC to the European Qualifications framework and the National Qualifications framework of each member state. We are looking for more organisations to join us from all over the EU. Do get in touch.
Description This was a 2 year project which eventually covered 17 states, expanding our user base and developing support materials and delivery networks for the ECC in each state. The ECC is based around the Basic European Social Care Learning Outcomes which cover entry level knowledge in 8 key areas of care. The ECC does not test competence, only knowledge, but it asks students to apply that knowledge in a series of questions which do require some careful thought.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
Human Health and Social Work Activities
open and distance learning
transparency and certification
1) The ECC award is done on paper in exam conditions
2) the ECC exam may also be done online - this requires pre- registration in order fo the exam top be set up. Please contact your Lead Partner in your country.
3) we have a central database on the 3650+ candidates who have already taken the ECC exam.
4) formal accreditation and links to the EQF and various NQFs of member states are still being investigated by partners. Many states are not yet ready to do this. Some degree of official national approval has been gained in Romania and the Czech republic. Partner in some other countries await a decision on this.
5) advice and support service to those wanting training accredited as being ECC compliant.
6) information is provided on our website about what workers need to know / be able to do in order to work in the care sector in any one country.