Title Eurodata - Online Examination Database for Harmonised Training
Project Number LLP-LDV/TOI/2007/PT/07
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The EuroDATA project helped to improve a harmonized European examination system for the qualification of welding professionals in a European scale.
The resulted EURODATA database is a very clear and practical example of how an existing network has been able to reach a high degree of harmonization among its members.
The use of the database functionalities leads to an increase in the quality and access to vocational education as well as higher employability of welding professionals trained in this manner. Furthermore, the development of more than 600 questions for the database has been done in accordance with the necessary standards required by the EWF European Welding Federation system.
This Examination Database is an important tool for ensuring that examination procedures are effectively harmonised among different European countries. Being a permanent instrument that can be updated with new languages and upgraded with new questions is its remarkable characteristic.
EuroDATA aims at supporting the implementation of a harmonised system for the
examination of the training objectives. Aware of the importance of current competence and
constant upgrading of skills in the field of welding and manufacturing technologies, through the
support of EUROWELD project, the EWF coordinated the development of Harmonised guidelines for
different categories of welding personnel. These are now operational in 29 European countries but the
final training exam procedure needs to be harmonised and fully implemented at a European level.
Therefore, the aim of this project is to support the implementation of an online database of
Examination Questions and Answers in 6 countries – DE, IT, PT, RO, SI and SK, focussing the
training of welding personnel. All together, only in the year of 2006, these countries issued more
then 10.000 qualification diplomas.
EuroDATA is a European project co-funded by the Leonardo da Vinci programme of the European Comission. It started in 2007 and has a 24 month duration.
The main objectives of the project are:
• To have a harmonised and European Examination system allowing the assessment of the EWF training and qualification under common procedures and rules;
• To assure the quality and reliability of the Examination system and thus reducing cultural and language gaps (the database content is translated in the languages of the end-users);
• To harmonise EWF training Examination which can be implemented at a European level covering 29 European countries and that, through its links with the IIW – International Welding Institute – will manage to be implemented at an International level;
• To assure the quality of and access to continuing vocational education and certification for life-long competences and better employability of welding professionals, across national borders.
EuroDATA expects to achieve:
• Implementation of training workshops to promote ability in using the database as source to generate exams and to assure European recognition;
• Validation of the harmonised Examination database – each trainee will see his expertise assessed taking into consideration common rules, equal level of difficulty and European recognition;
• Assessment of training objectives taking into consideration cultural and languages differences between the countries involved;
• Seminars, conferences and exhibitions for transfer of knowledge to VET institutes and companies in Europe.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Product information The main result of the EuroDATA project has been an Online Harmonised Examination Database of Questions & Answers accessible to the EWF network institutions responsible for the training of welding professionals