Title Students (pupils) discover Europe - work placement in EU-countries
Project Number AT/09/LLP-LdV/IVT/158052
Project Type Mobility - initial vocational training IVT
Individual Participation Not possible
In the curriculum of our school (HLW - Secondary School for Careers in Commerce and Tourism).
There is a mandatary work placement between the 3rd and the 4th year. It should be spend in the hotel and catering trade in the fields of: kitchen, restaurant, front office or housekeeping.
This summer (2009) 8 pupils have been spending their work placement in EU-countries (4 in Spain, 2 in GB and 2 in Germany).
Aims at this mobility-programme:
- Combination of education and work experience;
- implementation of knowledge and skills in
the working routine;
- improvement of language and practical skills;
- encouragement of the ability to work in a
team and social engagement;
- improvement and consolidation of language
- getting to know people of different cultures
- further development at personality;
- development of personal autonomie;
- improvement for job qualifications;
- enabling of advancement on career path.
In the region Perg there is a great need for imployes with international experience (companies like Fa. HABAU, Fa. Engel, Fa. Hödlmayr, Fa. HUECK, .....) and for tourism (Donau-Radweg, .......
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Other Service Activities
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation