Title Telework and Training: Work at Distance to Teach at Distance
Project Number LLP-LdV/ToI/2008/RO/028
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The T&T project will provide a comprehensive set of training modules targeting a series of basic competences related to Telework.
The training modules will be provided through an e-Learning platform, based on a dedicated distributed technological infrastructure.
Part of the T&T System, a Teleservices Centre will provide the necessary info and support not only for the registered students but also for those interested in the Telework domain.
The e-Learning implies, both for e-Trainers and e-Learners, a series of basic competences related to Telework. Providing Education and Training Operators with a package of basic Telework knowledge can positively favour the access of the single Education and Training Operators or of whole organizations to the use of e-Learning.
TES (Telework Education System) Project was an excellence project realized in the framework of the Leonardo da Vinci Community Programme - Second Phase. The Project has received numerous national and international recognitions. TES results raised a specific interest as Training, Information and Telework Orientation Tools.
THE MAIN GOAL of the T&T Project is to transfer the results of TES Project to Telework Training of Education and Training Operators through the adaptation of the Training Modules to the e-Training context, the linguistic localization and the structural adaptation of the main TES products.
THE MAIN SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES of the T&T Project are:
• Analyze and adapt TES Model and System and TES Training Modules.
• Implement the linguistic localizations of the T&T Portal and updated Training Modules.
• Plan and implement three Training Courses and three updating seminars
• Realize and publish a book in hardcopy and e-Book format, in Romanian and in all the other Partnership languages different from Italian and English.
Two out of seven project partners were also involved in the former TES project and four of the partners are very well experienced with European projects. The partnership includes all the necessary competences for a successful and sustainable project and has a well balanced ratio between public (four partners) and private fields.
The main OUTCOMES: Training Modules, e-Learning Courses, Orientation Seminars, book, “Telework & Training” Portal.
The consortium expects an important impact, during and after the end of the project, following a well conducted dissemination and valorization strategy, so that its results and products will be well known and accepted in the target groups.
The effect will be amplified by the short-term target groups, by any individual who is going to access the T&T portal and training system, by the dissemination of the project's products (books, brochures etc) also after the end of the project and by the various presentations or scientific papers to be presented by the consortium's partners during conferences and seminars.
NEEDS IDENTIFIED BY THE PARTNERSHIP IN SUPPORT OF TRANSFER
The e-Learning implies a series of basic competences, both for e-Trainers and e-Learners. For what concerns this last category, represented by Education and Training Operators, these basic competences mainly concern three significant fields:
• Education and Telework Ability
• Use of Telework Techniques and Technologies
• Use of e-Learning Technologies
Providing Education and Training Operators with a package of basic knowledge relating these three fields can positively favour the access of the single Education and Training Operators or of whole organizations to the use of e-Learning.
The last researches on the use of e-Learning in the different contexts of Education and Training has highlighted how, besides operating in well-structured e-Learning contexts with technologies, contents and well articulated and “professional” organizations, it is possible to envisage an e-Learning based on less structures e-Teaching and e-Learning methodologies and techniques, more related to: Communication and Telework management and organization of small Communities of Practices (for example thematic classes) aimed at learning and knowledge and at the determination of self-management processes both for Learners and Teachers/Trainers. These e-Learning methodologies and practices are very positive for the contexts in which the Education and Training processes are developed essentially “in presence” (that is to say in Schools, Universities and in particular typologies of Vocational Training).
Well! This is a softer and less expensive approach to e-Learning but efficacious in the same way, favoured if we are able to provide Teachers, Trainers and Tutors the following basic competences:
• know Telework Methodologies:
• be able to use the Intraining and Communication basic Technologies which allow Telework;
• be able to use the Intraining and Communication basic Technologies which allow realizing and managing Learning Communities and Cooperative Work;
• know the e-Training Technologies
• know the main practises of the Telework management.
This “package” of knowledge and competences should be included in any training process addressed to Education and Training Operators, but it should also be provided to all the Education and Training Operators who operate in Schools, Universities and Vocational Training Centres.
This way it is possible to effectively respond to some of the problems which hinder a transversal and generalized use of e-Learning Education and Training, such as:
• a limited penetration of e-Learning in the School world, due to the almost totally “in presence” characterization of the Teaching-Learning processes in the School context;
• the too structured and not very dynamic use of e-Learning in University and Vocational Training;
• the lack of technical competences which allow single operators to introduce e-Learning in a “soft” but effective way in their own Teaching-Learning processes;
• the absence of a Telework culture which allow assessing in a positive way and managing without shocks a training activity developed “also” through remote modalities;
• the difficulty to “didactically think in a remote way” in one’s own daily Teaching/Training practice.
AIM OF THE TOI “T&T” PROJECT
“To transfer the results of TES Project to Telework Training of Education and Training Operators through the adaptation of the Training Modules to the e-Training context, the linguistic localization and the structural adaptation of the main TES products and the Training and Orientation of the Education and Training Operators.”
GENERAL AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
• Analyze TES Model and System in relation to their functionality in e-Learning contexts.
• Adapt, from the technological and organizational point of view, TES System and its Portal, in order to make it functional to the T&T applications, in the two linguistic versions already developed: Italian and English.
• Analyze the contents of the Training Modules developed by TES, specifically interesting for the e-Learning sector, and updating them, in their two original linguistic versions - Italian and English – according to the technological and methodological innovations realized in the last years.
• Implement the linguistic localization of the Training Modules updated in Rumanian language and in all the other Partnership languages different from Italian and English.
• Realize the (SCORM) standard formats of the updated and localized Modules.
• Implement the linguistic localization of the T&T Portal (adaptation of TES Portal) in Romanian and in all the Partnership languages different from Italian and English.
• Plan and implement three Training Courses, respectively aimed at the knowledge and use of Telework Methodologies and Techniques and e-Learning, totally based on e-Learning Training Modules derived from updating and adaptation processes.
• Realize and publish the volume entitled “Telework and Training: e-Teaching and e-Learning Technologies and Practices” in hardcopy and e-Book format, in Rumanian language and in all the other Partnership languages different from Italian and English.
• Plan three updating seminars on T&T Courses, respectively addressed to: School Teachers; University Teachers; Trainers.
• Realize a publication of each seminar typology in each Partnership country.
The project's objectives are linked to the priorities of the call, as described in section 4.
The short-term target groups will consist in School Teachers, University Teachers and Trainers, and it is anticipated that these will be the first to contribute to creating a "cascade effect" related to the impact of the project results and products. The initial impact will mainly consist in the way in which these target groups will create new curricula or through the way in which they will adapt their methodologies.
Long-term target groups are enumerated in section 9.4.
The work-progress indicators will mainly consist in:
• the way in which the planned activities will follow the project's timetable;
• the realisation of the expected outputs of each Work Package;
• the realisation of the expected results.
At the end of the Project, T&T will realize the following products:
• Training Modules on Telework and e-Learning subjects deriving from the updating, adaptation, linguistic localization (in Rumanian language, English language and in all the other Partnership languages) and SCORM standardization of the TES corresponding Modules.
• An e-Learning Training Course entitled “Telework and e-Training in University Teaching”
• An e-Learning Training Course entitled“Telework and e-Training in School Teaching”
• An e-Learning Training Course entitled “Telework and e-Training in Vocational Training”
• The realization – in each Partnership country – of a three-day Orientation Seminar for each category of T&T users aimed at the access to the T&T e-Learning Training Pathways.
• Publication of the volume Telework and Training: e-Teaching and e-Learning Technologies and Practices” in hardcopy and e-Book format, in Rumanian language and in all the other Partnership languages.
• “Telework & Training” Portal in Romanian and in all the other Partnership languages.
program or curricula
open and distance learning
Some of the products to be realized during the project will be:
- TES-T&T Technological Infrastructure;
- T&T project's website;
- TES-T&T System;
- e-Learning TES-T&T Platform
- T&T Teleservices Centre;
- Multilanguage TES Portal integrated to T&T;
- Adapted Telework and e-Learning Modules;
- Seminars for three different sectors in four countries;
- the book "Telework and Training: Technologies and Practices of the Teaching and Learning at Distance"
- four public conferences;
- project's brochure and brochures for each public conference;
- user's guides