Title LEARNING SYSTEM BASED ON THE NTIC FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WORKERS' KEY COMPETENCES
Project Number ES/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/149051
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The aim of the E-DECOM project is to develop a Learning Environment by promoting pedagogic innovation in training in the companies of the foundry sector, by transferring and adapting an ad hoc tool.
A learing system based on the NTIC will be elaborated in order to develop the workers' key skills and competences in the foundry sector.
The Foundry Sector, with a long tradition and experience, but lacking innovation and with a great demand of manpower, does not have departments specialised in people management. It has special difficulties to create specialised tools and carry out an analysis of its specific needs enabling it to identify and develop its key competences to transfer them to the new workers, thus increasing its competitiveness.
Finally, despite the restructure occurred in the last years, there is no doubt that the SMES in the Sector have to face an increasingly changing environment that requires constant competence acquisition and development by the workers.
In this regard, E-DECOM project, by transferring and adapting DIPROCU methodology to diagnose training needs in companies, is aimed at developing the learning environment by promoting pedagogic innovation in training in the Casting Sector companies, by creating and implementing an electronic learning system to develop the specific working skills and competences that are regarded as essential in the Casting Sector.
The main result of the project is the elaboration of a Learning System based on the NTIC for the development of the workers’ key competences allowing the companies to reorganise and be competitive in the market.
This competence identification will influence positively the different groups: workers of the Sector (bigger job security and employability); new incorporations –inmigrants or from other sector- (acquisition of the competences demanded by the enterprises); the companies (will be allowed to take profit from the business opportunities identified by means of professional human resources, improve the Sector image and attraction, enlarge their activity and increase the organisation flexibility).
The E-DECOM Project, using the methodology to diagnose training needs in companies (DIPROCU), is aimed at promoting pedagogic innovation in training in the companies of the foundry sector, by creating an electronic learning system to develop the workers’ key skills and competentes in the sector.
To reach this aim, the following steps will be followed:
- Identify and evaluate the impact of the different tendencies in the business processes of the foundry sector-
- Identify the key processes of the companies.
- Analysis of the competences linked to these processes.
- Make referents of the key competences: identify the qualifications linked to he competences, and connect this identified qualifications with the official competence referent.
- Analysis of the competences by references to the official model, and establish a learning system adapting the pedagogical itineraries of the official competence referents to the needs of the sector.
- Redesign the learning content developed in the previous phase, according to the pedagogical method of “Programmed Teaching” based on the NTIC.
- Experience the pedagogical usefulness of the created products in a real learning situation, and evaluate the suitability of the content and structure of the final products in connection with the aims of the project.
- Assessment of the results.
Leaded by Foundry Association of the Basque Country and Navarre (AFV), the project counts on the participation of important public and private training, evaluation and consultancy organisations, chamber of commerce and trade unions from Spain, Greece, Romania and Lithuania, with wide experience in European projects.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Product Types CD-ROM
Product information The main result of E-DECOM Project is the elaboration of a Learning System based on the NTIC to develop the workers’ key skills and competences in the foundry sector, allowing the companies to reorganise and be competitive in the market.