Title Development of a harmonised system for education, qualification and certification of railway track welders - phase 2 ('RAILSAFE 2')
Project Number UK/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/163-142
Product MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXAMINATION, QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION OF A EUROPEAN ARC WELDER FOR RAILWAY TRACKS
Title MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXAMINATION, QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION OF A EUROPEAN ARC WELDER FOR RAILWAY TRACKS
Product Type program or curricula
Marketing Text Arc welding processes are used for joining rail track sections and for restoring worn or defective rail heads. Successful joining or restoration requires competent welders who possess an appropriate level of technical knowledge and practical skill. This Guideline describes in detail a regime for the education, training, examination, qualification and certification of such welders. The Guideline facilites European-wide harmonisation.
The Guideline covers:
• Access conditions for people wishing to attend the course of education and training
• Details of the instruction programme - theoretical and practical - divided into different combinations of welding processes and skill modules
• Examinations and tests leading to the award of a diploma which is valid for the life of the holder
• Track welding experience requirements leading to the award of a certificate of competence which has a limited validity
• Ongoing requirements for the renewal of certificates of competence for increasing/changing their scope
Rail track welders
Employers of rail welders
Railway infrastructure managers
Result Trained, qualified and certified welders in the arc welding of track for rail joining and/or restoration.
Area of application For training organisations to organise courses, examinations and tests that comply with the curriculum in accordance with the rules of the RAILSAFE system - see separate product.
Product Languages English