Title EQ-BINGO EUROPEAN QUALIFICATIONS IN THE BINGO GAME SECTOR
Project Number ES/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/149081
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Identification of the professional profiles of the Bingo Game sector to use them as a basis for the future development of qualifications. Development of a modular training system for the Bingo sector.
Bingo is primarily a locally based, SME-driven activity which rarely transcends national borders. The Bingo sector is estimated to employ 80,000 people across the EU and represents 0.06% of EU GDP and the 10.2% of the total of the Gross Gaming Revenues (GGRs) for the entire gambling sector.
Regulation relating to bingo varies widely not only from one Member State to the other, but even among different gaming jurisdictions within the same Member State. This lack of homogeneity is also found in the existing professional qualifications, and up to now, there is not any study about the qualifications within the Bingo sector that allows workers to validate their qualifications in order to work in other country.
Taking into account this situation, the EQ-BINGO projects aims to:
- Identify the professional profiles that already exist in bingo activity in Europe, to use is as a basis for the future development of the National Qualifications.
- Identify the cross education and training (Core Qualifications) and the specific one (Special Qualifications) that already exist in the bingo activity.
- Develop a modular training system to the help the workers, trainers and sectorial organizations to give a prompt and flexible answer to the needs of qualification and training.
- Provide the suitable tools to develop training paths to the people employed in the bingo sector.
- Include the Core and Special Qualifications in the vocational training activities developed in each country.
To achieve this objectives, the project is to be done by a partnership composed of entities from the Bingo sector (employer’s associations and unions) and specialized training centres with will work together sharing their expertise areas and know-how, and that can ensure the achievement of the defined Target Group (enterprises, workers, vocational training centres, public administrations and other interested groups).
The expected impact is defined respect each of the target groups, but in general, the goal is to reach all the enterprises include in EUBINGO through its associations, that at least the 40% of the workers take advantage of the modular training system developed, and to achieve vocational training centres in every participating country than include al least a part of the modular training system in their formative offer.