Title Competence-based Vocational Training for Nurses and Care workers in a Virtual Learning Environment
Project Number EE/07/LLP/LdV/TOI/004
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The e-learning is flexible in time and space. It will be available also for these who could not participate in courses.
Our project objective is to transfer, adaptation and development of a competence-based e-learning environment for nurses and care-workers including training teachers to create and develop contemporary e-learning training programs.
The direct target group is schools and health care institutions that offer the continuing education for health care workers and trainers/educators who are working there.
Project partners are Estonia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Netherlands and Spain
The product of the project is e-learning environment which includes different contemporary educational modules for basic and for continuing education in health care field
Activities so far:
• Making a website for the project
• Policy document Competence based education based on the ICT Academy of the KW1C and Car Engineering programs from the Knowledge Centre in The Netherlands
• Authors manual e-learning for teachers based on information of ICT Academy of the KW1C and Car Engineering programs from the Knowledge Centre in The Netherlands
• Installing e-learning software for partners
• Writing training programs for e-learning and competence based learning based on information from ICT Academy of the KW1C and Car Engineering programs from the Knowledge Centre in The Netherlands
• Conference of the various countries about:
- the transfer of competence based training programs to a trainings program in our project and transfer from e-learning programs of the ICT Academy and the car engineering programs to training programs in our project
- discussing activities for writingTransfer and developing a competence based educational framework for careworkers (curriculum).
• Transfer and developing a competence based educational framework for General Nursing (curriculum)
• Appearance of first project bulletin at the partners healthcare institutions and colleagues of the partners with information on all the activities 1 up to and including 9
• Start writing Competence based educational modules for the Care workers Programme and the General Nursing Programme.
• Appearance of second project bulletin for partners health care institutions and colleagues of the partners
• Developing test procedure. Developing measuring instruments for test phase
Open and distance learning
Sectors Human Health and Social Work Activities
Most of the products are almost ready in the e-learning environment N@tschool. N@tschool is been rented for the project partners and it is protected with passwords.
In September 2008 and in February 2009 all the products that are up in the N@tschool where tested. Test results was sent to the writers with suggestions what could be improved.