Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The project GIANT – Guidance: Innovative Actions and New Tools provides the transfer and the partial application of a model of connecting device/service centres for guidance
Il progetto GIANT – Guidance: Innovative Actions and New Tools ha l'obiettivo di trasferire e parzialmente di applicare un modello di centri per l'orientamento con serviziconnessi.
The overall aim of GIANT project is to apply local operational modality of technical and methodological connection between different subjects which offer actions / guidance services, with special attention to services directed at youth under 25 years.
Activities to be undertaken during the project are: adaptation of the model before its transfer; the sharing of support tools to the transfer; application / testing of the model in 4 Italian public bodies and at the same time, a feasibility study for the transfer in Europe.
Among the key results: a final manual which contains guidelines and tools for the implementation of coordination mechanisms in the field of guidance.
The project's aim is to transfer and implement an innovative model of connecting device/service centres for guidance achieved during the project GIRC - Guidance Innovation Relays Centers, funded under the Leonardo da Vinci program.
The model is organized into 4 macro functions that we recall to understand how its application ( subject of this project) can meet the needs considered important by several people who work in the field of guidance:
1. function of "technical assistance" designed to support the definition of strategies of governance guidance;
2. support function to the training of guidance professionals, designed to support the skills improvement of guidance professionals;
3. function of "quality", designed as a medium to enrich the quality of services with the consideration of standards, tools, evaluation and integration of services;
4. function of "research and development" seen as support for innovation and anticipation of the development strategies of the guidance system that are anchored to search results.
The transfer of this model, at least in part, in public bodies (we refer to the Italian provinces and regions Italian which are project’s partners) through the implementation of functions before described allow effective use of the services experienced even at the end of project activities. It should be noted that the public bodies were already involved in the testing phase or dissemination of the project GIRC, subject of transfer. When they agree to become GIANT project partners they have demonstrated their willingness and interest to the model developed, and they have ensured the greatest impact of the model itself.
This process guarantees the sustainability at the end of the project: It hypothesizes a network between public administrations, at the technical level, which will be in the position to support the principles of the project even at the end of activities. This network can become a point of interest to other institutions interested in innovation, quality and connection in the field of guidance.
When the transfer process will be carried out in Italy, the European partners will conduct a feasibility study for the implementation of the model that may find important indications by the process itself
The main products expected are:
- methodological support tools addressed to professionals and people in charge of guidance services;
- handbook containing guidelines for the implementation of technical coordination model in the field of guidance.