Title Modularization of Nurse Education
Project Number D/00/B/F/PP-112 188
Project Type Pilot Project, project with multiplying effect (2000-2006)
Marketing Text The pilot project was a trans-national project, by participating partners from Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and Poland. The pilot p...
The pilot project was a trans-national project, by participating partners from Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and Poland. The pilot project seeked to contribute to the comparability of nurse education programmes in the European Union. The three-year project dealed with the modularization of vocational and university education for nurses. Priority was given to the development, testing, evaluation and dissemination of five learning modules. In addition, the projekt's products will support self-determind lerarning and enhance the quality of educational provision.
The project work was structured in four phases.
• The first phase referred to the establishment of a consensus on leading aims for nurse education, to professional qualification needs and to the development of a transnational educational draft concept. An analysis of existing educational concepts of the European project partners served as a blueprint. Development of a virtual workplace, which could be used for communication and co-operation by project partners.
• During the second and third phase, five learning modules, the necessary teaching and learning materials as well as computer-assisted learning media and assessment tools for the evaluation of professional competencies were developed co-operatively.
• During the third phase the developed modules were tested in practice.
• The fourth phase involved the implementation and evaluation of the revised modules in a larger number of co-operating institutions.
The project aims at the production of the following products:
• Vocational education in nursing in the partner countries - an overview
• A synopsis of relevant qualifications in the professional field transnationally.
• A conceptual framework to modularise nurse education.
• Five individual modules. Development, trial and evaluation of teaching and learning materials which are based on information and communication technology.
• Assessment tools to assess qualifications
• Evaluation tools for an implementation phase of these products.
It is the aim to put the project results at the disposal of institutions for professional nurse education during and beyond the life time of the project.
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Information and Communication