Title Modularization of Nurse Education
Project Number D/00/B/F/PP-112 188
Product Learning moduls
Title Learning moduls
Product Type modules
Description Five learning modules from the modular framework have been chosen to be developed, tested and evaluated during the three year project. Manuals for students and teachers as well as assessment instruments are specific to each module. In addition, students are offered computer-assisted learning media for using in self-directed study phases.
• Lehrpersonen in der Pflegeausbildung an Schulen, Hochschulen, Fort- und Weiterbildungen
• SchülerInnen / Studierende in der Pflegeausbildung an Schulen, Hochschulen, Fort- und Weiterbildungen
• Berufsangehörige in Fort- und Weiterbildungen, Wiedereinstiegsphase nach längerer Berufspause
Five learning modules from the modular framework have been chosen to be developed:
1. Learning field “profession and professional field”: Introduction into the professional field (german version)
2. Learning field “nursing process”: Assessment of nursing care needs and nursing care planing (german and polish version)
3. Learning field “nursing process”: Guidance to, and consultancy with, patients and their families (german and polish version)
4. Learning field “nursing process”: Intramural care of children and teenagers with acute respiratory illness (german and french version)
5. Learning field “organisation of nursing work”: Quality development and assurance (german, netherland and polish version)
The module contents refer to theoretical as well as to practical education. Within the learning modules the qualification- and situation-oriented approach receives a science- and action-orientation. Teaching and learning arrangements are oriented towards professional nursing situations. This means that learning processes within a module are designed in such a way that by dealing with learning situations, which are very near to professional situations from nursing practice, specific qualifications are acquired. The learning process is determined by methods that support lifelong and self-determined learning. Each module starts with an assessment of the student’s previous experience and competencies and ends up with a final assessment to evaluate acquired partial qualifications.
Situation-oriented didactics must be converted to suitable teaching and learning media that include new information and communication media. Manuals for students and teachers as well as assessment instruments are specific to each module. In addition, students are offered computer-assisted learning media. Teachers’ and students’ manuals are used in taught and self-directed study phases, computer-assisted media in self-directed study phases only.
Area of application