Title PAPE - Participation of autistic people in EU
Project Number 142667-LLP-1-2008-1-DE-LEONARDO-LMP
Product Autism EPAT (Autism Europass Access Tool)
Title Autism EPAT (Autism Europass Access Tool)
Product Type others
Marketing Text The „Autism EPAT (Autism Europass Access Tool)" is a Freesoftware with handbook which offers for non or hardly speaking people with autism the opportunity to show formal qualification, soft and key skills. Download www.project-pape.eu
1. The Autism EPAT is designed to be used with and for people on the autistic spectrum, particularly who have limited communication skills.
2. The overall purpose of compiling the AutismEPAT is to empower and give voice to people who are often not heard, to assist in full inclusion in all aspects of life.
3. The Autism EPAT is list of conversation topics which lead to a greater knowledge of the person.
4. It is a dynamic and flexible tool that can be used by a range of ages, particularly focused on those who will be experiencing transitions.
5. It can be adapted to individuals e.g. add pictures or symbols according to what the person usually uses.
6. The Autism EPAT is administered in the way that the person is used to communicating.
7. No one has to complete the entire AutismEPAT document.
8. The motivation to complete the Autism EPAT depends on the will of both individuals and support workers, with an onus on encouraging both groups of people to see the benefits. The overall benefit is to focus on giving people quality of life rather than services.
9. The Autism EPAT should be completed in the context of a relationship. It is designed to record and challenge views of people with a focus on greater insight and understanding of individuals.
10. It is OK not to know something about someone. It is also OK to disagree with the person’s view of themselves. Disagreements and disparities can be positively used to further understanding of individuals.
11. The first answer of the person completing the Autism EPAT will be noted, in order to commence the discussion and negotiation, prior to completion of the final certificate.
12. The final document will be a positive portrayal that is as much as possible the views of the persons themselves.
13. The Autism EPAT will need continuous updating – it is a living document, which is not an end in itself. The process involved in the completing of the Autism EPAT is at least as important as the completed document.
Target group People with early childhood autism, non or hardly speaking
Computer based instrument to fill in and to print a summary of information provided.
Outcome is a document which makes competences viewable and tangible for motivation, for transitions between services or for new staff, to define goals for suitable assistance offers and for reflect self-perception.
Area of application
In all sections in which adults with early childhood autism get supported. This could be in the field of living, learning or working for example.
Pre-condition is that the one who wants to use the instrument is able to speak or write or if the instrument should be used for someone with autism who do not speak the person who fill in the CoC in the view of the autistic person has to know him very well.