Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text EQUABENCH establishes a network of eight VET organisations, from across Europe, with proven track record in innovative quality approaches. Partners exchanged, applied and recorded best business practice in order to improve the quality of services delivered to VET customers.
EQUABENCH was a two year Transfer of Innovation project involving eight partners from across Europe.
EQUABENCH partners participated in a series of six workshops in order to exchange best, innovative practice. Information gathered were used to produce associated Innovative Practice Guides that were freely available to any organisation.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) organisations across Europe serving people with disabilities and disadvantage differ considerably in terms of performance levels, effectiveness, quality management and nature of service delivery.
EQUABENCH is a two year Transfer of Innovation project involving eight partners from across Europe.
The EQUABENCH network includes:
The Cedar Foundation - Northern Ireland
National Learning Network - Ireland
European Platform on Rehabilitation - Belgium
Centro Studi Opera don Calabria - Italy
Josefsheim gGmbH - Germany
Pluryn Arbeid - Netherlands
Centro de Reabilitacao Profissonal de Gaia - Portugal
Institut Republike Slovenjie za Rehabilitacijo - Slovenia
Partner organisations will meet regularly over a two year period to share expertise and best business practice at workshops, benchmarking activities and dissemination events. This activity will result in the development of 6 Innovative Practice Guides which will be freely available to all interested parties.
Workshops and Innovative Practice Guides will focus on the following themes which are linked to the EFQM Fundamental Concepts of Excellence:
Leadership and Constancy of Purpose
Management by Process and Fact
People Development and Involvement
Continuous Learning, Innovation and Improvement
The EQUABENCH network was established with the aim of facilitating the import and export of best business practice in order to improve the quality of training for people who have a disability or other form of disadvantage e.g. increased employment outcomes for VET customers.
The activities and outcomes of EQUABENCH are summarised within the following objectives:
• To share best practice within the partnership by delivering 6 workshops aligned to the EFQM Fundamental Concepts of Excellence.
• To produce 6 corresponding innovative practice guides.
• To enable partners to observe the application of innovative best practice through benchmarking visits that will be facilitated within the workshop schedule.
• To ensure the involvement of key stakeholders including beneficiaries, employers, funders and policy makers in project implementation and dissemination activities.
Access for disadvantaged
Sectors Human Health and Social Work Activities
Product Types others
EQUABENCH have 3 main product categories:
1. 6 Innovative Practice Guides structured against 6 EFQM Fundamental Concepts of Excellence i.e. Leadership and Constancy of Purpose; Management by Process and Facts; People Development and Involvement; Customer Focus; Results Orientation and Continuous Learning, Innovation and Improvement. The Guides were structured by the use of the EPR Knowledge Management Centre standard format to ensure consistency and ease their incorporation into the EPR website. And were freely available on the EPR website.
2. 6 Innovative Practice Workshops – the training and learning materials from these were available within the network and to a broader audience for future repetition / application at other times, venues and occasions in any member state.
3. Dissemination Event – targeted 200 participants from across Europe.