Title TAS for AGRIFORM - Traceability as Strategy for Agricultural Training
Project Number I/04/B/F/PP-154120
Project Type Projets Pilotes (2000-2006)
Marketing Text Improving the competitiveness of the Small Agricultural Entrepreneurship in Europe working on an Innovative Training properly designed for Farmers. This was the aim of the Pilot Project "TAS for AGRIFORM” experimented in Spain, Bulgaria, Poland and Italy by Serifo srl and allowing to conceive a real International Research Laboratory, unique in Europe. A lack within the Vocational Training for the Fruit & Vegetable Sector has been overcome thanks to new training approaches and pathways addressed to over 50 y. o. and low educated European Farmers; their needs of refreshment and re-qualification have specifically been addressed. So, new development and reflection pathways have been open on the inclusion, within training processes, of targets that are really difficult due to their age, their cultural background and their personality really aiming to realise concretely a continuous dimension of the learning.
The starting point was the awareness of the fact that a strategical and systemic intervention addressed to Farmers was needed in order to support a bottom-up re-definition of the sectorial background, thanks to a stronger attention to the market, to international competitors, to the consumers' needs as well as to the enterprise's planning in the long term.
The changes of the sector, due to the political provisions, require that farmers acquire new managerial/entrepreneurial competences for the enterprise’s market oriented management, also they needed to interact with the new realities of a more and more competitive, dynamic and effervescent market.
They are Farmers:
- Adults: over 50 years old;
- Low educated;
- Little familiarity to learn in formal contexts.
It has become necessary to intercept other characteristics that have allowed us to describe in a more detailed way the target group that:
- has little managerial training;
- manages small or micro sized companies, that are familiar or inherited by parents and to which they do not devote all itheir working time.
If the vocational training is the strategic solution to accompany structural interventions, it is also necessary to plan interventions to the entrepreneurship overcoming the limits of the classical formal and courseware training actions and the additional and technical assistance interventions, that are too focused on issues concerning the agronomic techniques and the production phases.
TAS was aimed to plan a non formal training approach in line with the characteristics of the farmers in order to get them on friendly terms with far-ranging issues involving the full farm management so as to become a tool to accompany them and to support them in the difficult growth from farmer to entrepreneur.
The Project phases were focused on 4 large working moments:
- Creation and design of the delivery methodology
"TAS for AGRIFORM" has reached many aims:
- Development of innovative approaches that are beyond the scope of existing mainstream learning methodologies and specifically meet the needs of the target;
- Drawing up of a training model focused on the peculiar characteristics of agricultural business men and women;
- Agricultural Entrepreneurs skills improvement;
- Identifying the teaching guidelines to be applied during the testing phase;
- Testing with a focus group of Agricultural Entrepreneurs in Italy, Spain, Poland and Bulgaria.
- Establishment of links between the vocational training sector and the agricultural SMEs';
- More awareness of farmers to the training and to systems necessary for "modern" business management;
- Adaptability of our methodology to other targets in different occupational sectors;
- Enhancing access to vocational training by individuals who are resistant to formal learning.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Égalité des chances
Marché du travail
Autres Activités de Services
Agriculture, Sylviculture et Pêche
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Procédure pour l'analyse et le pronostic des besoins de la formation professionnelle
1. Competences' referential and training curriculum for farmers' training in 4 areas (Enterprise Management, Economic / Financial Management / Quality / Traceability);
2. Operational protocol addressed to consultant/trainers to manage the learning settings;
3. Didactic materials (narratives in comic strips);
4. Final DVD to present TAS outcomes;
5. Final Handbook presenting the Methodology after the testing in 4 Partners' Countries.