Title RES - Rete Europea per l‟Educazione Scientifica (European Network for Scientific Education)
Project Number LLP-LDV/TOI/2007/I/372
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The project RES (Rete Europea per Educazione Scientifica - European Network for the Scientific Education) aims to promote the European cooperation amongst teachers, students and researchers to an effective use of the ICT in order to improve the education, the guidance and the learning of the scientific disciplines.
Summary The main scope of the proposal will be that of contribute to a successful transfer from the current limited use of ITC to an intensive use of the ICT (in a near future) in the education of physics in Europe, above all thanks to the transfer and the further development of the know-how acquired through previous european projects.
The expected outcomes of this proposal are the following:
1) laboratories and debates aimed to give scientific subjects more attractiveness in terms of interest for students and to give to users a more correct perception of physics;
2) new teaching/learning methodologies through ITC for the acquisition of disciplinary contents of scientific subjects;
3) working materials capable to make students and teachers get the essential elements of scientific subjects.
Teaching/learning methodologies will be set with the aim to improve the quality of physics teaching in high school and to provide a more adequate perception and preparing in the basic scientific subject.
The partnership structure, through the connections between Universities and other education Institutes, and between the applicant and the Region Abruzzo, will allow an overall and easy interaction with the university world, which will consent the planning of a detailed diffusion campaign.
Utilization and distribution of results
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
The main aim of this proposal will be the change in the use of ICT in teaching of physics: currently it is a limited use, the purpose is to reach an intensive use in all Europe thanks to the transfer of methodology and the know-how acquired through the previous "ePhys" project. This project has led to a new methodology to teach physics by using ICT (through computer based experiments, data acquisition and processing, etc…) and the flexibility of web based learning, in a unified environment for the learning of a open and collaborative physics.
RES will aim at identifying, working out, testing and diffusing activities targeted to the development of scientific culture in schools, making it a subject of global interest.
The objectives to be achieved can be different according to the different target:
1) guidance for students: it will be arranged courses, laboratory activities and seminars in order to make students more interested in scientific subjects;
2) training and professional updating of teachers: teachers will be updated in their disciplinary and inter-disciplinary knowledge as well as in their capability to get students interested in scientific subjects. Teachers will be involved through their participation at working groups, in the production of materials for the communication and teaching, in the testing and laboratory activities for students;
3) development of materials for the teaching of physics and definition of methodologies for planning and realization of working materials suitable for the acquisition of essential elements of scientific thematic.