Title ePortfolio for Your Future (ePortfolio 4YF)
Project Number LLP-LdV-TOI-07-BG-166018
Product ePortfolio 4YF environment
Title ePortfolio 4YF environment
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text The ePortfolio 4YF is an innovative ePortfolio and game-based environment, combining an ePortfolio, online self-assessment game and an interactive Motivation test. It is available at www.my-eportfolio.org.
After signing in the ePortfolio system, one is able to create, manage, update and develop step-by-step his/her own ePortfolio. In the ePortfolio one can describe personal interests and hobbies, education and work experience and, last but not least, photos, movies etc. The ePortfolio 4YF environment provides youth and pedagogic consultants with the opportunity to access the young person’s ePortfolio. Via a “consultant view“, they can analyze the game and Motivation test results, as well as the information in the ePortfolio in order to assist the young person in his/her professional orientation and career development.
Some key characteristics of the environment:
- Option for transferring the results from the 4YF game to a concrete section of the student ePortfolio;
- Option for transferring the results from the early school leaving module (“Motivation test”) to as specially developed section of the student ePortfolio;
- The transferred results from both the 44YF game and the “Motivation test” are visible for the career consultant, who has to analyse the student performance;
- Developed a common registration and log-in system, where users that create accounts in the ePortfolio, can use it for accessing the games, and vice versa;
Consultants can use the information shared by users and their results from the game and the test to provide them with advice and consultations. Consultants have to compare the information from the first field with the game results from the second field. We have created several indicators which can be used to provide valid information about human attitude and condition. These indicators are:
- Comparison between 4YF ANALYSIS RESULTS and COMPETENCE TEST
- Comparison between MOTIVATION TEST RESULTS and STUDENT MOTIVATION TEST
- Comparison between EDUCATION HISTORY and PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
- Comparison between EMPLOYMENT HISTORY and PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
A special “Consulting view” has been created, where the consultant can communicate with the young people, analyze their abilities, skills, interests and provide guidance on career development and professional realization.
Area of application