Title Centre d'Accréditation pour des Élaborateurs de Programmes d'Études dans la Formation Professionelle
Project Number LLP-Ldv-TOI-2007-HU-010
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Status En cours
Marketing Text Centre d'Accréditation pour des Élaborateurs de Programmes d'Études dans la Formation Professionelle (ACVCD) appellent le but d'un projet, qui y permettent d'y contribuer l'apprentissage électronique à l'assurance de la qualité de services ainsi, qui crée un centre en ligne, européen sur l'attestation de promoteurs de programme d'études électronique ou la classification des institutions s'occupant du développement de programme d'études électronique.
The design and development of electronic curricula and contents supporting e-learning require manifold, interdisciplinary knowledge. In addition to professional and pedagogical-psychological knowledge, the knowledge of IT is also important (also for theoretical content developers) and it is indispensible to have certain social competencies, such as cooperation, managerial skills, etc.
With the rapid and large-scale development of electronic contents, the electronic curriculum developer profession has automatically started to emerge in the work environment but due to the rapidness of processes there has not been enough time to establish formal requirement criteria for the profession.
Electronic curriculum development, mainly due to the present cyber generation growing up, is expected to undergo a vast expansion. That is why it is important that the content developing and preparing experts be aware of the possibilities provided by electronic solutions, on the one hand, and the requirements needed for the preparation of appropriate quality content, on the other hand.
With its products the Accreditation Centre for VET Curriculum Developers project wishes to contribute to the establishment of a European level standardisation of the profession of electronic curriculum developers and thus to the laying down of a foundation stone for the quality assurance framework of e-curriculum development.
The aim of the project called Accreditation Centre for VET Curriculum Developers – ACVCD is to contribute to the quality assurance of e-learning services by establishing an on-line European centre for the certification of electronic curriculum developers and the accreditation of the institutions involved in electronic curriculum development. Apart from the certification and accreditation procedures to be created by the project a set of knowledge, skills and competency criteria will be identified along which the standardisation process of the electronic curriculum development profession and the practice of electronic curriculum development can be implemented.
The Accreditation Centre for VET Curriculum Developers sets out to create a framework for quality assurance in the field of electronic curriculum development by providing the following complex service package:
1. Accreditation Requirement Criteria Package (ARCP): to define the requirements for the certification of curriculum developers and accreditation of institutions.
2. Standardised European Accreditation Regulations (SEAR): to define the European standardised framework of certification and accreditation procedures.
3. Assessment, training and certification: prior knowledge assessment of applicants, training at appropriate level (if needed), then final exam and certification.
4. Accreditation procedure for institutions.
5. Databases: an ARCP-related database of curriculum developers, curriculum developer institutions, training providers and e-learning systems that can be searched from various aspects.
Target groups of ACVCD:
Direct target groups of the project are those using the services of the Centre:
• Curriculum developers wishing to participate in the certification process;
• Electronic curriculum developer organisations who undertake to operate according to the accepted common standards;
• Clients in search of curriculum developer institutions/teams.
Indirect target groups of the project include the users of the curricula developed according to the standards defined within the framework of this project or developed by professionals certified or institutions qualified by ACVCD.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Sectors Information et Communication
ACVCD products are:
ACVCD: Accreditation Centre for VET Curriculum Developers
An on-line Centre the aim of which is to foster the standardisation of the electronic curriculum developer profession by the provision of the following services:
1. Certification of experts in electronic curriculum development. Experts with prior experience in curriculum development may assess their knowledge against a package of criteria of certification requirements (on-line examination procedure). If they meet the requirements, they will be certified by the Centre as electronic curriculum developers.
2. Accreditation system for e-learning content developer institutions developing high quality e-learning content by employing certified curriculum developers.
3. All certified curriculum developers will have the option to be included in the Database of Experts in Curriculum Development (DECD), and the accredited institutions in the Database of accredited e-learning Content Developer Institutions (DCDI). These will be searchable databases and will be maintained by the Centre.
4. As supporting services for both persons and institutions the ACVCD will provide:
4.1 a sample prior learning assessment system (PLAS) through which candidates may assess their knowledge against the criteria of certification requirements and which can be used by institutions as sample testing materials;
4.2 a sample training course (TC) which helps candidates to prepare for the examination. It also serves as core curriculum for training providers.
ARCP: Accreditation Requirement Criteria Package
The Accreditation Requirement Criteria Package (ARCP) forms a basis for the certification of professionals and the accreditation of institutions. The document contains 4 major parts:
1. Characteristics of a good e-learning curriculum:
High quality digital content
2. Package of competencies that are demanded to be able to develop e-learning curricula described by the above characteristics:
Main competences for developing digital content
3. Certification requirements for professionals by certification levels:
The 3 level certification scheme and requirements for developers by individual levels: developer of learning objects, developer of learning units developer of learning systems.
4. Requirements that has to be met by organisations wishing to be accredited e-learning content developers:
Accreditation of Organisations.
SEAR: Standardised European Accreditation Regulations
SEAR will have two roles:
It serves to describe the accreditation procedure for institutions (SEAR-I) and the certification procedure for persons (SEAR-P) in a “legal” way. It includes the requirements set by the ARCP and any formal requirements, documentation (forms to be filled in) demanded to become an accredited content developer institution/organisation or a certified curriculum developer. It also describes the processes of accreditation and certification.
PLAS: Prior knowledge assessment process
The prior learning assessment process is devoted to evaluate the knowledge of teachers and trainers, who would like to be certified e-learning curriculum developers. It is a knowledge assessment tool evaluating the knowledge of the candidates against the certification requirement levels. If the candidates are successful in the assessment process, they can be included in the European Database of Experts on Curriculum Development (DECD). In case they need to improve their knowledge and / or skills they may enrol to a training course designed on the basis of the ACVCD core curriculum (TC- see below).
TC: E-learning training course
The e-learning training course will be a core/frame curriculum for the training of teachers who want to become certified curriculum developers. Based on the core curriculum any institution, which would like to provide training in the subject and which meets the accreditation criteria for institutions can create a local curriculum. The project will produce a sample on-line course to demonstrate the idea of the training.
The on-line e-learning course based on the core curriculum will contain: 17 hours theory; 40 hours practice; 3 hours test and controlling questions. (It will be offered in CD_ROM format also.)
If someone going through the PLAS turns out to be in need of training in order to successfully complete the exam, he/she may choose to participate in the TC which prepares him/her for the certification.
AP: Accreditation Process for institutions/ CP: Certification Process for persons
AP and CP contain two parts as to be described in the SEAR-I and SEAR -P:
On-line exam for persons, survey for institutions which assesses the necessary competencies of a candidate/institution;
Administrative documentation necessary to be filled in and to be submitted for accreditation/certification.
DECD: Database of Experts of Certified Curriculum Developers
European Database of Experts in Curriculum Development
A pool where the experts who successfully had gone through the Certification Process may be included. (If they wish so.)
In the database the experts will be searchable by classification, specialization, spoken languages, country, years of practice, etc. The Database will be maintained by the ACVCD.
DCDI: Database of accredited e-learning Content Developer Institutions
A pool of institutions developing high quality e-learning content by employing certified curriculum developers.
In the database institutions can be searched by location, types of services provided, indicative prices of services, etc. The Database will be maintained by the ACVCD.