Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The ELSTI project offers you / your students / your employees the opportunity to:
- acquire new knowledge and improve their proficiency and communication skills in Business Language for English, French, Italian and Spanish;
- learn more through the Business Culture Modules about the economic and social environments of 10 European countries (France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and the United Kingdom);
- boost their motivation through a module on Personal Development and On-line Study Motivation.
Summary The 2003 – 2005 Leonardo ELS project (2003-I-03-BF-LA-154168) was taken over by one of the partners, EuroEd Foundation, which decided to gather this partnership and apply for a grant for the transfer of innovation of the products of this project. This new project addresses the difficulties that recent EU member countries meet in international business relations as a result of office workers’ insufficient command of relevant language skills. Such countries are Romania and Lithuania, represented in this project. This is all the more complex in light of work mobility freedom within the EU. Office employees from above mentioned countries lack language, IT, intercultural and soft skills necessary to allow them to make the most of their work qualifications anywhere in Europe. Consequently, the aims of the ELSTI project are: a) to transfer innovation both from more to less experienced countries, as well from previous project results towards future applications, and b) to provide opportunities for office workers to develop the skills mentioned. The project’s objectives are: a) to provide opportunities for partners to share useful lessons and best practices, b) course design and contents delivery to identified target groups and c) to make the results of the project known and available to another at least 200 recipients from various European countries and institutions which were not involved in the ELS projectThe partnership is made up of institutions with experience in the field of content development for both online and offline use, and all the partners involved successfully took part in previous European projects, having thus experience in managing both the transfer of innovation and best practices, as well as the valorisation. Many partners are part of national of trans-national active networks in the training sector, thus ensuring the successful implementation of the projects aims and objectives.
Description The project provides administrative and secretarial staff working in SMEs and students / pupils in a related field of study with a viable and comprehensive alternative in the field of language acquisition, a package that is both flexible and informative and that will help them improve their language skills in a challenging yet consistent manner.
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Other Service Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
program or curricula
material for open learning
The products available on the online learning platform of the project (www.eurobusinesslanguageskills.net) are:
- language training modules with a focus on business in 4 languages (English, French, Italian and Spanish), on two levels (A2 - basic user, and B1 - independents user); each course has 10 units, and includes a wide array of online learning activities;
- Business Culture Modules, which help the user become aware of differences and degrees of appropriacy in Business Culture across 10 different European countries;
- The 'no limits to success' motivational module, which is designed to help users create their own personal vision plan, understand what it takes to succeed in any area of life, set goals to achieve their dreams, develop the thinking and capabilities to succeed.
Projecthomepage www.eurobusinesslanguageskills.net / www.elsti.eu