Title CELiNE - Content Embedded Literacy Education in New Economy
Project Number LLP-LdV TOI 2007 RO 012
Product The Resource Pack
Title The Resource Pack
Product Type teaching material
The training material is composed by activities that allow VET teachers to understand what literacy means, how the literacy or poor literacy competence could influence the efficiency of human activity (as a family member, as a worker, as a social partner, etc.), how they could address to these competencies by teaching them along with the job specific content.
The resource package consists in practical activities adaptable to a large range of vocational courses (proffesions) who facilitate the improvement of literacy competencies by embedding liteacy education into job/proffesion specific contents.
This booklet suggested efficient methods of accessing these competencies during professional training, in order to develop/enhance them. The assumption beneath this innovative practice is that literacy is a basic, key/skills, a pre-requisite for all the other types of learning, and, by improving literacy competencies we form more adaptable, more flexible and more efficient workers for the marketplace of the New Economy.
The booklet shares the same pedagogical framework Training Curriculum and Training Materials, but there are some important characteristics important to be mentioned:
• the activities are designed to be accomplished by persons with poor literacy development;
• the activities emphasize learning by doing, in a relevant context;
• the activities are designed to be easy to adapt to different learning or teaching styles;
• the activities are adaptable to different levels of literacy competence;
• the activities are flexible, adaptable designed to be easy to adapt to different learning styles;
• the activities are designated to sustain the embedding of literacy education in professional/vocational contents, so they could be adapted and applied to a large range of professional trainings;
• all activities share a double set of objectives: one relevant for VET teaching, and one relevant for literacy teaching, both attained through the same/shared content, simultaneously.
The Resource Pack is designed to help VET teachers to embed literacy into the professional/vocational content they usually teach, so the booklet consists in activities designed to be applied in Vet training. The target-audience for this booklet is represented by VET teachers and the beneficiaries of the activities from booklet are theirs trainees.
The Resource Pack
Chapters: Motivational activities, Examples of the literacy challenges of certain vocations, How can you improve your literacy skills?, Communication skills, including both speaking and Listening, The ICT challenges and rewards, Reflection on practice – critical thinking.
Area of application VET courses
Product Languages English