Title Quality Assurance and Accessible Training 2 (QATRAIN2)
Project Number UK/07/LLP-LdV/TOI-065
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text The main aim of the QATRAIN2 project is to enable teachers and trainers in vocational education and training (VET) to better meet the needs of learners with disabilities, and to assist education providers to improve the accessibility of VET, and participation in it by people with disabilities.
Summary QATRAIN2 raises awareness of and enables teaching and training staff to respond to the increased participation of people with disabilities in mainstream Vocational Education and Training (VET). By removing unintended barriers to their entry and successful participation, students with disabilities are included in a wider range of opportunities and qualifications that broaden career options and constitute a major step in reducing discrimination against them. Full accessibility to mainstream VET for people with disabilities requires adjustments in teaching, learning and assessment which teachers and trainers are best positioned to do.
QATRAIN2 transfers a well used and respected online resource that enables teachers, trainers, and all involved in curriculum planning and VET provision to improve the accessibility of mainstream VET for people with disabilities;
QATRAIN2 transforms a package originally developed for tertiary education into a form targeted for those engaged in the provision of non tertiary VET. The resource is also now available in a new country (Romania) and helps to promote an environment favourable for change in Turkey;
QATRAIN2 contributes to Lifelong Learning targets to improve the participation rate of people with disabilities in VET and their integration into mainstream provision. This enables them to achieve learning outcomes that will enhance employability and improve their ability to compete in the job market.
Access for disadvantaged
Product Types website
The following results will be produced within this project:
* A comprehensive, online searchable resource in the UK, Bulgaria, Greece and Romania;
* A promotional resource in Turkey;
* Online toolkit for identifying needs and promoting awareness in the UK, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey;
* A guide to European Policies concerning disability and VET;
* A module in entrepreneurialism that will also provide an introductory tutorial for the QATRAIN2 resource;
* A report synthesising and comparing research results from the needs research programme in the partner countries;
* A promotional guide for the QATRAIN2 resource.