Title Die Kultur in der Menu
Project Number SK/08/LDVPRO/01 - 83230105
Project Type Mobilität - Fachkräfte in der beruflichen Aus- und Weiterbildung VETPRO
Individual Participation Nicht möglich
Marketing Text Main aim of the project was to manage the exchange of trainees and experts from cattering organisations and nongovernmental institutions working with disadvantaged young people at risk of unemployment. The involved employer was the Diet restaurant in Bratislava, cattering service at the College for Building Professions and the Agency for Supported Employment in Bratislava. The exchange was executed in Wales in September-October 2008. Apart from cattering skills the intercultural dialogue via Slovak and Welsh cuisine was the subject of project. The Day of Slovak Cuisine was organised in Wales.
The main goal of the project „Culture on Menu“ was to provide two-weeks mobility of target groups focused on gaining work skills and experiences connected to catering services and to employing people disadvantaged on the labour market in Wales (UK).
The people in target group were from a well known dietary restaurant in Bratislava, from a specialized high school and employees of a Agency as representatives of NGOs working in the fields of supported employment. Total number of participants: 8. Date of the mobility: October 5 to 19, 2008.
Goals and planned activities of the project were fulfilled in a full range. Because we dedicated our full attention to preparation of the mobility, the content of the mobility was very interesting, valuable and highly effective for future exercise in the dissemination phase. The participants gained Europass – Mobility number SK – 2008/8.
What have the participants gained:
- deepening of their professional skills connected to food preparation including the organization of work, suppliers-customers relationships, using catering as a tool for preparation young people with disabilities for labour market in Wales
- discovering system of mainstreaming eduction, specialized preparation for labour market in the area of life-long learning in Wales though visiting Derwen College, College Powys and Ysgol Brynllywarch with following workshops
- understanding principles of social enterprise though visits and workshops in social enterprises Cae Post (focused on recycling and processing waste materials) and Disability Powys (counselling, programs and services for people with disabilities)
- inspirations for processes of preparation young people for labour market in Slovak conditions, inspirations for social enterprise in Slovak conditions – after the amendment of employment services law is in practice
- personal, personality and professional development through lived experience
- development of language skills, deepening inter-cultural dialogue and better understanding of history of Wales
- strengthening national partnership with perspective of common future programs
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
Erbringung von Sonstigen Dienstleistungen
Projecthomepage project has not special website , information on the Agency for Supported Employment and international projects run by the Agency can be found on www.agenturano.sk