Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The project “ECVET-Tour” tries to make more transparent and comparable competences which can be acquired during the formal education (including consecutive qualification programs)in tourism. Furthermore, a proposal for the improvement of the general conditions for mobility and acceptance of learning results on national and European level is developed between the partner institutions.
The aim of the project “ECVET-Tour” is not the harmonization of the educational and further educational programs of the different providers. The competence matrix is developed according to the same principles of the partner institutions.
- increase of the transparency and comparability of educational and further educational programs between the partner countries
- The joint competence matrix is the greatest common multiple of the partner institutions for the spheres of competence relevant in the field of tourism
- Based on this consensus, an institutional framework can be proposed for the transparency and acceptance of qualifications as well as for the realization of mobility.
- responsible institutions which plan or can be motivated to plan a competence matrix for the area of tourism vocations. The implementation of the VQTS-model makes acting competences (“soft skills”: e.g. commercial and verbal skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure) transparent, measurable and transferable.
- responsible institutions which benefit from the implementation of the VQTS-model in mobility processes: social partners, contractors of education, business…
- institutions which are responsible for apprentice trainings: the application of the VQTS-model should facilitate the transfer of vocational competences which were acquired abroad
- persons-in-training and persons with completed education and work experience who would like to gain further qualifications
- providers of further education in the tertiary sector (accreditation of qualifications): universities, universities of applied science which offer touristic study courses
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Sectors Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Analysing and writing learning outcomes
Units of learning outcomes
ECVET partnership (involvement of competent bodies)