Title On-line learning modules for renewable energy resources for landscape development
Project Number 2008-1-SK1-LEO05-00227
Product Renewable Energy Resources on-line modules
Title Renewable Energy Resources on-line modules
Product Type open and distance learning
For farmers, as a target group, there are not eligible study materials and the forms of study. Using e-learning methods for lifelong education enables to take into account specific conditions into this type of education. The content of RESNET modules is based on the principles of renewable energy types and possibilities of their use in the area of agro-sector with the main emphasis on the landscape development. The main points of contents can be summarized into these points:
• Solar energy
- Insulation measurements – methods and instruments;
- Possibilities of use;
- Thermosolar technology;
- Practical applications in the agro-sector.
• Water energy
- Hydroenergetic potential;
- Flow measuring and the power of water evaluation;
- Water engines – summary;
- Small water power stations;
- Exploitation in the landscape development and agricultural implementation.
• Wind energy
- Measurements and scoring speed of air stream;
- Wind engines – summary;
- Wind electric power stations – turbines, generators, accessories;
- Wind parks in landscape.
- Biomass forms – summary;
- Biomass exploitation – biofuels, wood, biogas;
- Biogas stations;
- Farmer as a grower of energy-biomass and the producer of electric power.
• Geothermal energy
- Ways of exploitation of geothermal energy – conventional and modern;
- Geothermal electric power station;
- Combined exploitation of thermal energy;
- Landscape development – energy production, growing of vegetable, agro-tourism.
Each module consists from 5 topics:
• 3 lessons:
- “Principle and measurement”,
- “Technologies, constructions,…”
- “Possibilities of using in the agricultural conditions”.
• final test and assignments “Using RES for landscape development”,
• another study materials and interesting web links concerning the theme of the module.
- employees of "green" sectors
- people interested about requalification
- students of the VET schools, lifelong learning participants
Area of application