Title Qualification and advanced training for teachers and instructors of vocational education in biogenic raw materials and renewable energies
Project Number DE/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/147115
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Development of concepts for advanced training and further qualification of teachers, instructors, and tutors of vocational education in the topic "Biogenic Raw Materials and Renewable Energies". Preparation to establish a transnational network for this subject.
The subject "Use of Biogenic Renewable Raw Materials and Regenerative Energies" deals with a decisive aspect for the global future, the conservation of resources and climate. It is suitable to pass on a basic understanding of a sustainable development which is derived from real global challanges to the target group that includes teachers, instructors, and tutors for vocational education. Furthermore, the target group shall be sensitized to insert the topic into the curricula.
The courses for further education and qualification which are being planned within the project are supposed to support the target group during their individual process of lifelong learning. For a future vocational training of the trainees, more than ever before, it is inevitable to adapt vocational action to the requirements of a sustainable development and a specific practical orientation.
Therefore, international projects within Europe are specifically important for this subject; they are prerequisite for trainers and trainees to learn how to reflect economic and social aspects by gaining experiences on an international level, and to use it in the professional practice.
A major aim of the project is to supply a great number of teachers and trainers in all participating countries with the teaching materials and training courses that had been developed within the former project „BioRohstoff-Lehrgarten“, project number D/03/B/F/PP-146076". This further qualification of teachers shall be a basis to establish the subject "Biogenic Raw Materials and Regenerative Energies" in vocational education more comprehensively. As a further result, this project should lead to a stronger emphasis on sustainabiliy in the discussion within the educational community, and intensify the dialogue about economic, ecological, and social aspects.
The project includes nine Partners from six European countries. They are representatives of vocational schools and organizations which offer educational projects and which provide years of experience in general and / or vocational education.
Target groups of the project are teachers and trainers of vocational schools
- for professions in agriculture, forestry and gardening,
- for carrers in natural sciences and technology,
- for professions in environmental protection,
- and in energy supply.
In order to achieve the aims of the project the following tasks will be carried out:
1. Development of programmes for further education and qualification of teachers, trainers and tutors of vocational education within the subject "Biogenic Raw Material and Regenerative Energies"
2. Exemplary tests of programmes for further education and qualification for target groups in all partner countries
3. Establishment of working groups for the discussion about introducing the subject in the vocational training and about concepts for vocational training modules
4. Preparation for the setup of a transnational educational network "Biogenic Raw Material and Regenerative Energies"
5. Planning the valorization and utilization of the results upon completion of the project
Utilization and distribution of results
Access for disadvantaged
Sectors Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
program or curricula
New concepts for further educaton of teachers, instructors, and tutors of vocational ecucation.
Exemplary application of these programmes.
Establishment of national working groups for the introduction of the subject in the vocational education.
Preparation for the setup of a transnational educational network.