Title European Sustainable Innovation License (for SME's) - ESIL
Project Number LLP-LDV-TOI-08-AT-0023
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Within ESIL a unified European training concept for SME for the topics innovation and sustainable development will be designed. An e-learning plattform will support the qualification activities as well as the certification of the participants.
ESIL (The European Sustainable Innovation Licence) aims at consolidating successful training programmes for SMEs in the fields of innovation and sustainability from several EU member states (Austria, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, Estonia) as well as disseminating the method by means of a defined procedure to other member states such as Ireland, Czech Republic, and Romania.
Previous projects – partly developed by the project team within LEONARDO projects - such as "SUPPORT", "European SUPPORT", “ÖKOPROFIT", "Methodenpass", "Innovationsmanager", "Creative Trainer" and "TETRIS" serve as a basis for ESIL.
At the moment there are several, mostly regional initiatives aimed at strengthening innovation within SMEs. These differ in scope, contents, quality and application point within the innovation process. They are also disconnected, do not have the same focus, but most importantly their language and heterogeneous nature make it more and more difficult for companies to choose a suitable programme for the education of employees in the field of innovation management and sustainability.
What are the goals of ESIL?
• A homogeneous understanding and model for the training, including corresponding training materials
• The development of quality standards for the training of innovation management which also includes a final examination and the certificate or "Innovation Licence"
• The establishment of a European network and periodic conferences
• The creation of an e-learning platform
Target groups of ESIL
• First of all the national trainer, who will implement the workshops and accompany the participants during the implementation of the contents
• Secondly the employees in companies who will learn to identify problems within the company, describe the challenge in a function-oriented way and subsequently develop tailored solutions within "on the job" training.
This means that the target groups will be familiarised with state-of-the-art innovation methods and will be enabled to chose, for themselves, the most effective solutions to their problems. In order to achieve this, the target groups have to know the correlation of the methods and the optimum application of the methods within the process of innovation management.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
material for open learning
transparency and certification
open and distance learning
program or curricula
Results of ESIL
This project will achieve the following results:
• An integrated training course managing the process of developing sustainable innovation and problem solving competence (with due consideration to the requirements of time, availability, and cost)
• The ESIL training concept with basic and advanced training modules consisting of
o a 2 day basic training course (comprising an overview of the topic “method supported innovation management and sustainability”)
o 4 – 8 advanced training modules (each taking 2 days) to deepen topics such as innovation strategy and sustainability, innovation and creativity, problem analysis and idea generation, evaluation and protection of ideas, R&D management, funding instruments
• Consolidated training material (slides, media, worksheets, texts,...)
• An adjusted examination and certification concept
• Skilled trainers in 7 countries ( Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Rumania)
• Implemented training of 15 representatives of SMEs in four countries ( Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Austria) with a subsequent implementation project
• documented experiences of the use of Standard Voice over IP software as tool for the coaching during the problem solution process
• A project website
• Marketing material
• Co-operation with interest groups (such as Chamber of Commerce) for spreading the idea in seven countries