Title Business & Electronic Sustainable Management Research Action Training Efficiency and Resources
Project Number 133906-LLP-2007-BE-LEONARDO-LNW
Project Type Réseaux
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Welcome to the BE-SMARTER Network which aims to assist in developing and disseminating the next generation of support mechanisms and tools used by consultants, public agencies and certifications organisations to deliver appropriate support to small Businesses EU wide.
The Network intends to train 100 environmental consultants in Europe to better coach Small and Medium sized Enterprises for the implementation of environmental management systems (EMS).
The BE-SMARTER network is composed of Environmental Management System practitioners organised in 5 differents European countries, of which 2 new member states (Estonia, Hungary, Belgium, Germany, France).
- Highlight and disseminate best practises of regional public institutions and Networks, which have developed efficient mechanisms and incentives for small business relation to voluntary approaches
- Promote models and practices which lower drastically the transactions costs for small business to access international EMS standards, EU voluntary labels or the EMAS Regulation.
- Promote and develop the step stones which are required to move from small regional management approaches to the demanding EMAS regulation and ISO 14001.
- Adapt existing smart on line models, which allow consultants to assess the economic and environmental benefits of their coaching activities. This will allow public agencies to assess the effectiveness of their support programmes.
- Innovate in terms of “E-Learning by doing “ by delivering individual capacity building in parallel to implementing stand alone of integrated management systems in SME’s using IT and personal tutoring
- Organize hands on workshops and seminars to build capacity among European consultants community to practise lean and informal approaches to EMAS ISO 14001 to lower the barrier of access for SME’ s
- Experiment cluster approaches to create new jobs in the environmental field and lower transaction costs for SME’s.
The project will innovate as it is addressing in a revolutionary way the three major issues which hinder EU small business to access to EU and international EMS standards :
- Environmental management systems consulting costs,
- Competence and skills of professionals
- SME’s and certification cost.
The Network will contribute to the advancement of knowledge by highlighting best practices of innovative approaches for coaching SMEs all over Europe towards EMAS. This by using and validating innovative tools which lower the transaction costs of certification, and empower the consultants in developing the leanest EMS systems worldwide.
The innovation resides in providing european consultants a model of coaching SME’s which will lower the transactions cost of consulting and certification for SME’s in a dramatic way by 70%. The internal effort for SME to implement will go down from 133 days to 55 days.
A smart on line assistant for small business will reduce drastically the effort to provide the paperwork to be compliant with the documentation requirements of ISO 14001.
A training package including a "E-learning by doing platform" and personal tutoring for environmental consultants will allow consultants to get access to a unique proven concept and obtain a diploma based on a successful EMAS or ISO 14001 certification of the SME even in remote areas.
Real time economic and environmental benefits of the implementation of an environmental management system in SMEs will be able to be demonstrated via the online systems after one year.
The network’s activities will provide the opportunity of the development of a innovative modern coaching toolbox based on human and IT intervention for EMAS implementation.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Sectors Autres Activités de Services
Enseignement à distance
Transparence et certification
Product information http://www.be-smarter.eu