Title Development of European Modular Training Programs for Decorator/Painter and their Adjustment in Lithuanian and European VET Institutions
Project Number LLP-LdV-TOI-2008-LT-0012
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text The aim of the project is to transfer the best practice of using modular training programs for the profession of a decorator/painter in Scottish VET institutions, to use the experience of other project partners (from Finland, Romania, Greece) and to develop European modular training programs for the profession of a decorator/painter, a corresponding credit system and examples of methodological material, and adjust this newly developed curriculum in VET institutions of Lithuania and other participant countries. Through this new curriculum, vocational schools and colleges will be able to provide more suitable courses leading to qualifications for all students. A wide range of subjects at different levels will ensure that study programme is available to suit everyone. The training modules/units are intended to be modern and up-to-date with a good balance between gaining knowledge and applying it in practical situation.
the project partners fulfilled the following:
- transfer of the best practice of using modular training programs for the profession of a decorator/builder in Scottish VET institutions, use of the experience of other project partners and development of European modular training program for the profession of a decorator/builder, a corresponding credit system and examples of methodological material, and adjust this newly developed curriculum in VET institutions of Lithuania and other participant countries. These training modules are based on the knowledge, skills and competences recognized by European VET institutions.
Project partnership was made up from VET institutions of Lithuania, Scotland, Greece, Romania, Germany, Finland, and Spain. The partnership consisted of 11 partners - Vilnius Builders Training Centre, Alytus Vocational Training Centre, Siauliai Vocational Training Centre, Vilnius College for Construction and Design, Dundee College, Hellenic Regional Development Centre, German Romanian Foudation Centre for Preparing and Perfecting in Domain of Construction, ITF, Jugendforderverein Parchim, WinNova (Pori College), DECROLY. Each partner brought their own expertise and experience to the partnership, with each contributing equally to the success of the project.
The Project has produced a completely finished product and has met its objectives: best practice of using a modular training program was shared and transferred, and a modular training program was developed with the input from all international partners. The draft of the developed Program was tested at partners’ institutions and evaluated by the internal and external experts. The final product was improved with regard to the received comments and proposals. Thus, a flexible and individualized training Program was developed which creates better conditions of proceeding to professional activities and further education and supports development of labour force skills within the labour market. The developed modules are feasible and applicable to the VET institutions of the partner countries.
The project achievements have a clear application and continuity on both national and international levels. While the long-term impact on the VET institutions involved in the program and beyond will only be evident after a period of time and possibly with follow-up evaluation, there are clear indications that the Modular program will improve VET institutions’ ability to deliver enhanced Building courses which, in turn, should have a positive impact on the vocational and life opportunities of their learners. The quality of the Modular program and efforts of the project partners to promote the project mean that the impact of the project will extend far beyond the partner institutions. The developed Modular program aims to ensure the quality of training as well as allows the future specialist to successfully function in the labour market, thus fulfilling the social needs realated to labour mobility within European construction sector.
Anerkennung, Transparenz, Zertifizierung
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
Erziehung und Unterricht
The products of the project:
- Study of Needs Analysis in regard to adaptation of European modular training programs for the profession of a decorator/builder and a corresponding credit system in Lithuanian and European VET institutions (in EN, LT);
- European modular training program for the profession of a decorator/builder and a corresponding credit system (in DE, EN, ES, FI, GR, LT, RO).
- Methodological teaching material for adaptation in European VET institutions (in EN, LT);
- Examples of methodological teaching material (in EN, LT),
are available at www.demop.eu and were also published in a CD.