Title Elderly Care Vocational Skill Building and Certification
Project Number LLP-LdV-ToI-08-CY-167803
Product Elderly Care Vocational Learning System
Title Elderly Care Vocational Learning System
Product Type material for open learning
Marketing Text The ECVC Learning System is a social mechanism targeting the development of elderly care skills in a certain community. The main characteristics of the system are the low social cost and the lead of the civic society.
The system is depended upon the exploitation of existing resources which are made available as a result of vested interest of the participating stakeholders. These are:
• Existing infrastructures at the elderly home where the ECVC Learning Centres are hosted
• Training is arranged during “low work-burden” periods thus posing minimum engagement of the Learning Centre’s personnel
• Facilitation is undertaken by existing experienced staff of the Learning centre during their normal duties
• The trainees are engaged in learning at their own free time
• Learning of the ergonomic theory is provided by the computer through e-learning featuring audiovisual display and demonstrations
• The learners’ participation in normal shifts during their practical experience is ultimately benefiting the learning centre by adding extra hands to the workforce. The Learning Centre will naturally keep the best skilful learners for their own labour requirements
• The Civic Observatory and the Civic Information Centre play a leading role in the learner identification and ultimate certification process.
The system is based upon the following elements:
1. Learning Curriculum
2. Learning Centres
3. Learners’ identification
4. Learning facilitation
5. Knowledge e-test
6. Practical experience
7. Skills validation
8. Certification seminar
Target group The Eledrly Care Vocational Learning Community
Involving interested stakeholders with vested interests in promoting elderly care. To this effect:
• The ECVC Civic Observatory, an informal discussion platform which coordinates the activity, is set up by local stakeholders
• The Civic Information Centre is set by the Observatory to spread information to the local society about the learning system
• The Elderly Homes of the community may become Learning Centres
• The demand for elderly carers which is pressing due to the ageing of the population all over Europe.
Area of application Local authorities, community structures or vocational sectors where the need for elderly care resulted in strategic desicions for combating the shortage of workforce in the field of elderly care provision.