Title Development and Testing of E-Learning Modules to train Teachers in Vocational Training as E-Tutors in Europe
Project Number DE/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/147114
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The most important aim of the project was the conceiving and development of E-learning modules to train teachers of vocational education and training as "E-Tutors". The significance and value of E-learning in vocational education and training and especially in vocational schools had been increased by using and applying these modules in the participating states.
In Europe, the use of innovative information and communication technologies (ICT) in vocational education and training is regarded as a priority since a couple of years. Despite a lot of successful programmes, (pilot) projects and initiatives, significant differences in the member states of the EU exist with regard to the implementation of E-learning in vocational schools and institutions of vocational education and training. These differences were reflected in the consortium.
One requirement to increase the value and significance of E-learning in vocational schools and in vocational education and training in general is the sensitisation of teachers for the advantages of E-learning and a training of teachers as "E-Tutors". The learners and the teachers need special competences to use and implement E-learning in a successful way – the teachers have to fulfil the tasks of an "E-Tutor".
The project had the following aims to meet the needs in the participating states:
• Conceiving and development of E-learning modules to train teachers of vocational education and training as "E-Tutors"
• Transfer of successful elements of the projects "E-School", "European E-Tutor", "Adult Craft Education - Skills for a Lifetime", "E-Compete" and the approach of E-competence teams"
• Training of teachers of vocational education and training as "E-Tutors" by a testing of the developed E-learning modules in selected countries of the consortium (DE, NL, BG), build up of sustainable "E-competence teams"
• Transfer of innovation and knowledge with regard to the topic E-learning in vocational schools and vocational education and training in Europe
• Dissemination and valorisation of the project products and results.
There was a transfer, optimisation and adaptation to the target group of the results and products of selected projects within the project "E-TU-MODU". A strategic transfer was organised externally into the practice of vocational education and training and internally, this means into the consortium including the contacts and networks of their members.
Another focus point of the project was the development and certification of new "E-learning modules" to train "E-tutors".
Furthermore, a group of teachers had been trained as "E-tutors" and "E-competence teams" were set up in vocational schools and vocational education and training centres in selected countries of the consortium (in Germany, in the Netherlands and in Bulgaria). Thus, there was a testing phase within the project.
Another part of the methodology of the project is the valorisation and dissemination of project results and products.
The work plan can be divided in different phases:
- Review and analysis of the significance and value of E-Learning in vocational education and training, especially in vocational schools
- Identification of the obstacles for the use of E-learning in vocational education and training, especially in vocational schools
- Transfer of selected project results and products, analysis of best practice
- Conceiving, development and certification of E-learning modules to train teachers of vocational education and training
- Enhancing, optimization and adaptation of elements and products of the selected projects
- Production of the E-Learning modules in different languages
- Certification of the "E-tutor"
- Testing of the E-Learning modules in selected countries of the consortium (DE, NL, BG), training of "E-Tutors", build up of sustainable "E-competence teams"
- Evaluation of the E-Learning modules (participants of the testing phase)
- Dissemination and valorisation of the project results and products
- Implementation of the results in vocational education and training (practice)
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Sectors Information and Communication
transparency and certification
open and distance learning
- Country Reports
- Learner Type Test
- e-Tutor Questionnaire
- Certified E-Tutor Course
- Learning Materials
- Handbook with CD-ROM