Title THE LANGUAGE OF SAFETY AND HEALTH SIGNS AND SIGNALS IN WOOD INDUSTRY
Project Number 134575-LLP-2007-1-BG-Leonardo-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
The innovation of the project is the provision of a tool (Interactive multimedia product for e-learning) including relevant and innovative lifelong learning content, the use of which will guarantee safer and healthier working environment. The training product will be available to a wide range of professionals and students for transnational e-learning.
The project results and outcomes will definitely have an impact on students, whose further development as future professionals and decision makers depends on their knowledge for safety and health working environment. The project will also influence professionals (newly employed workers, older workers, migrant workers, managers in SMEs, etc.) who will benefit from the developed interactive multimedia product for e-learning, including extensive information and training modules. The improved industrial safety will influence entire economic aspects of Wood Industry.
The project The Language of Safety and Health Signs and Signals in Wood Industry, No. 134575-LLP-2007-1-BG-Leonardo-LMP aims at providing training methodology and materials for lifelong learning for vocational college students, university students, and professionals in Wood Industry in relation to the language of safety and health signs and signals.
The project is in accordance with the five-year strategy for Safety and Health launched by the European Commission, covering the period of 2007 – 2012 and aiming to reduce by 25% the total incidence rate of accidents at work per 100 000 workers in the EU.
The goal is to further train existing and future professionals in the field of Wood Industry in order to improve their qualification skills in providing safer, healthier and more productive working environment in accordance with the objectives of the Community Strategy 2007 – 2012.
The project is implemented in four European countries – Bulgaria, Greece, Sweden and Slovakia and will develop training tailored to three target groups on the matter of Safety and Health Signs and Signals in the Wood Industry. The target groups that will benefit from the training are university students, college students and SME professionals. For each target group a differentiated approach to the training will be provided.
The duration of the project is 18 months – starting from 1st December 2007 until 31 May 2009.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Sectors Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
open and distance learning
The project products are as follows:
1. Project website - www.lansawood.eu;
2. Information brochure of the project;
3. PowerPoint presentation of the project;
4. Questionnaires on Safety and/or Health Signs and Signals at Work with differentiated approach to the targeted groups;
5. Needs Survey;
6. Training methodology;
7. Training module 1 - European and National Legislation on Safety/Health Signs and Signals in Wood Industry;
8. Training module 2 - Hazardous and Harmful Factors in Wood Industry;
9. Training module 3 - Theoretical presentation of safety signs and signboards;
10. Training module 4 - Theoretical presentation of safety signals;
11. Training module 5 - Personal protective equipment;
12. Training module based on case studies;
13. Interactive multimedia product in English, Bulgarian, Greek, Swedish and Slovak languages;
14. Manual for the use of the multimedia product