Title Embed4Auto - Upskilling to model-based software development in the automotive and embedded software sector
Project Number DE/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/147109
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The project Embed4auto intends to provide European industry (especially from the automotive sector, including suppliers) with innovative training for model-based development technologies and help to promote the use of model-based technologies in the area of embedded systems development.
Embed4Auto has transferred the results and training offers from a previous project (UP2UML) on UML2.0
- to other industrial sectors (automotive + suppliers)
- into new European countries, addressing
- new target groups: engineers with different technical backgrounds; individual learners.
Description Software is more and more responsible for most of the innovations of products. Particularly in the automotive sector, the share of embedded software has been dramatically increasing in the past years. 80-90% of innovations there are related to electronics, and companies need to undertake considerable qualification efforts in order to cope with the growing demand for embedded software developments.
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Information and Communication
material for open learning
The following products have been developed in the course of the project:
- Learning material for the model-driven development of embedded systems.
- A learning portal with integrated collaboration platform.
- A methodology handbook.
- A modeling tool.