Title Development of competences of educational staff by integrating operational tasks into measures of vocational training and further education” - ComEd
Project Number DE/08/LLP-LdV/TOI/147174
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Aim of the project was strengthening the role of professionals in vocational education and training in the field of micro- and nanotechnology in terms of new functions and tasks related to the high dynamics of the technical-technological development.
Summary Due to the dynamic technological developments and a large variety of products, materials and technologies in companies of MST education and training requirements vary greatly and are subject to rapid change. This goes along with particular demands on the development and design of educational processes and skills development for educational staff. In addition to a continuous development of new knowledge it is necessary, to integrate knowledge out of companies themselve into teaching and learning processes. Ensuring demand-and requirement-oriented education and training, especially for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), micro-and nano-technologies (innovative companies are mostly small and medium sized enterprises) it is required to optimally support economic development by developing the necessary skills.
In the project an already developed and tested model for integrating operational exploration tasks into education and training processes was adapted for companies in the micro- and nanotechnology (MNT) and transferred to the European partner countries. As results an on European level further developed model was generated (e.g. pool of exploration tasks, manuals and web-based platform for experience-exchange of multipliers, teachers and trainers) to promote a European exchange.
By comparing curricula in VET, the development and exchange of learning and teaching processes basing on the methodology of operational explorations as well as European cooperation and permeability of education systems was advanced.
Design approaches (content, context) were identified and processed in terms of recommendations for future European mobility projects intended for trainees/apprentices in companies in the MNT.
Common aim of all partners was also, in the interest of the promotion of economic development in Europe through an appropriate staff deployment and development in relation to micro- and nanotechnologies to align the understanding of education and training. The partnership, responsible for project realisation, included educational service provider for companies in the MNT with different institutional background and different foci for professional topics for VET, which were complementary and ensured a broad view of learning content.
Another need, which was dedicated to the project, was to increase the mobility of apprentices in the micro-and nanotechnologies. Therefore requirements for future European mobility projects for trainees/apprentices in companies in the micro-and nanotechnologies shall be created within the project too.
Regarding the ComEd project following steps were realized:
1. Adjustment of concept of transferring the model for integrating operational exploration tasks into VET
2. Development/adaptation of necessary tools and accompanying materials for transferring model; comparing the training content to the selected field of micro-and nanotechnologies, sensitisation and preparation of educational staff concerning exploration tasks in different countries
3. Testing of developed concepts and instruments, realising exploration tasks by learners, presentation of results and examination of usability for further use in planned or new training measures
4. Optimisation of products, identifying best practices, recommendations for future mobility projects in the micro-and nanotechnologies.
Utilization and distribution of results
Sectors Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
- Further developed conception for integrating the learning/teaching method „Exploration in enterprises“ into the configuration of measures concerning vocational training and further education in the field of micro- and nanotechnologies with recommendations for its institutionalization in the educational processes
- Hand-out/Manual: Sensitisation and qualification of educational staff for being able to realise the concept
- Pool of exploration tasks – topics, problem definitions and tools
- Best Practice: Preparation and implementation of exploration tasks (Teaching and learning arrangements)
- Best Practice: Designing and implementation of activities to empower the education staff to implement the concept
- Equivalences of the training contents regarding to the selected fields in the micro-and nanotechnologies in the participating countries, recommendations for the design of future mobility projects in the micro- and nanotechnologies
- Summarised presentation of results – collection/explanation of results