Title The development of strategical individual competencies in the context of European integration
Project Number LT/06/B/F/PP-171003
Project Type Projets Pilotes (2000-2006)
Marketing Text Project products are very urgent in the level of strategical management in enterprises. Products have been evaluated very positively and are ONLINE for your disposal in www.sicdevelopment.org
Summary While integrating into multicultural market of European labour force, with different systems of learning and education, different traditions in the sphere of human resource management, the success of human resources first of all depends on strategical competencies of individuals. Strategical individual competencies can be defined as the whole of knowledge, skills, abilities and ways of working an employee has to master, no matter what position he takes in organization. As Geolyse Pty.Ltd Corporate Development Manager A. Ward shows (foresight; Volume: 6 Issue: 2; 2004), the research conducted by famous Danish scientist A. Drejer ( The Learning Organization, Volume 7, Number 4, 2000) traditionally education system is orientated to the formation of professional competencies, named as “ tough “; whereas the attention to the “ soft” competences ( personal, social, emotional) is not significant. . Thus the latter competences are specially relevant to the rapidly changing business world and provides conditions for business development. Though different models of competencies exist (Plum, Schoonover, Lominger and etc.), but their practical appliance is orientated to the demand of particular companies, while directive development of strategical competencies must be started already in the primary steps of employee training, i.e. in the process of studies, by forming strategically significant competencies. This has determined the change of the competencies paradigm from human resources assessment to human resources Development conception, where is seeking not only to evaluate present situation, but to develop strategically perspective competencies. The development of strategical individual competencies involves the catalogue of these competencies and their development methodology, which is not limited to organization, sector or country, because fast processes of euro integration, complementary structure of business links, and dynamism of markets require strategic guidelines for the development of united strategical individual competencies.
Tasks of the project:
• To carry out a scientific research in 8 countries identifying the strategical competencies.
• With reference to the results of research to prepare the catalogue of European strategical individual competencies.
• To prepare the methodology of strategical competencies of individuals.
The application of Project products is universal. There are possible different directions of application:
• Universities and educational institutions – including this methodology to their programs and modules will give an opportunity already in the process of studying for future managers and specialists to familiarize with the methodology and to find out their development directions of strategical individual competencies.
• Consulting centers, business companies – assimilating the methodology will give an opportunity to evaluate strategical individual competencies of present employees in order to orient to the changes of future competencies and to prepare a plan of employees’ strategical individual competencies purposive development.
• Freelance - seeking to integrate into market of European labour force will be able individually to identify the development directions of strategical individual competencies and to develop them purposefully.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Autres Activités de Services
Matériel pour l'enseignement
The catalogue of strategical individual competencies
The methodology of strategical individual competencies development (CD and online)
in Lithuanian, English, German, Spanish, Greek, Bulgarian and Portuguese.