Title REGIONS FOR LIFELONG LEARNING
Project Number 133802/ LLP/2007/BE/LNW
Product WORKSHOP-PROJECT 2: Accompanying the transition from school to active life
Title WORKSHOP-PROJECT 2: Accompanying the transition from school to active life
Product Type others
Considering the resurgence of transition solutions between school and active life, a debate bringing together policymakers, researchers and professionals is essential.
A coordination of systems, a reflection about their origin, their development, their effectiveness can now take place on the basis of experience accumulated over the last twenty years.
# 10-11 December 2007: Lyon, Defining the target-groups and program proposal
# 8 February 2008: Lyon, Definition of 7 issues of analysis
# 10 April 2008: Tolochenaz (Switzerland), conference on the subject. Highlighting good practices and reflections.
# 5 July 2008: Krakow, preparation of the Summer University of Thessaloniki, Timetable for 2008-2009
# 22-24 September 2008: Summer University Thessaloniki, Evaluation of transitional solutions as "best practices". Drafting of recommendations
# Sept 08 to end Nov. 08: Field Survey
# 8-9 December 2008: Krakow, Elaboration of a framework to collect regional projects, first draft of recommendations
# Jan 09 - March 09: Presentations, discussions, tests and amendments
# 23 April 2009: finalization of the last elements of draft recommendations, workshop SEMINAR in Krakow
# May 09 - Sept. 09: translation, editing, printing of the recommendations and appendices
# September 09: Presentation of the work and recommendations to the FREREF European Summer University in Barcelona
Target group Regional decision-makers, field players and researchers
In general, the various comments made to date point out that:
* The issue of transition is present in all regions, target audiences very similar or comparable, the originality of solutions lies in the fine-tuning of regional context.
* Solutions with better results focus on an excellent reflection and definition of their services on the basis of a very close reflection of the 7identified issues above.
* The role and motivation of accompanying staff are crucial to the outcome.
* There is a real lack of mutual information between the various solutions implemented.
* Importance of collaboration with the business / professional players.
* The importance of language and literacy.
* Emphasis on the concept of citizenshi.
* Importance of a European observatory of good practice as a European platform of recommendations, projects, and updated recommendations.
Note: Although support is often necessary for people "at risk", it is important not to focus solely on the situations of failure.
This Workshop-project will continue in 2010-2011 with an extension of the experimentation to move forward a possible observatory of transition
Area of application transition from school to active life