Title Development of key competencies for training antennas in Europe
Project Number 134135-LLP-1-2007-1-IT-LEONARDO-LNW
Project Type Networks
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Are you a teacher or a trainer?
Do you believe education and training is the heart of the knowledge society?
Do you think training activities should have a European dimension?
Do you think trainers should adapt their competencies to the European and multicultural context?
If so, keep in touch with DOCTAE!
What does DOCTAE mean?
DOCTAE means: Development Of key Competencies for Training Antennas in Europe
DOCTAE is a network of schools, colleges, training organisations, institutions etc aiming at contributing to the modernisation and EU integration process of VET national systems, by:
1)supporting a new professionalism of trainers, fostering their role in favour of a well qualified, mobile profession, placed within the context of lifelong learning.
2)profiling the European Training Antenna, that is trainers capable to anticipate and manage European VET changing scenarios, to convey new key competencies and European awareness in training activities, to promote transnational mobility and partnerships in VET stakeholders.
3)Promoting the network and generating multiplier effects such as: further collaborations among partners; transfer of the European Training Antenna profile and competencies; enlargement of the network to other members, cooperation among VET and employment stakeholders, other networks, local and national decision-makers.
Quality of the education of trainers and their new key competencies are at the core of teh DOCTAE Network activities, as well as the promotion of the European dimension in training and the integration of EU VET systems through the establishment of European Training Antennas.
All Network outcomes are inspired by transparency, transferability and comparability as well as by the development of common standards among different EU Member States for the identification of needs and competencies, the profiling of European Training Antennas and the design of related training pathway. Besides that, the European Training Antennas will play the role of supporting partnerships, mobility actions, exchange of good practices, joint projects development at a EU level.
The identification of new key competencies of trainers and their role of European Training Antennas will improve entrepreneurial spirit and employability of students through the guidance to EU, National and local schemes for the employment and learning mobility throughout the European Union.
One of the objectives of the DOCTAE Network is to develop concrete and real transnational approaches and tools, which can be disseminated at a European level and enhance multiplier effects in terms of new cooperation, enlargement of the Network, sustainability of the results.
The DOCTAE Network has a multi-stakeholder partnership. Each member has relations, and is networking with VET and employment stakeholders at a territorial, national and European level. Besides, the Supporting partners of the project are representative of institutional and socio-economic interests. The European Training Antennas will play a key role in improving the quality and volume of cooperation among all different stakeholders.
One of the core statement assumed by EU strategies and policies in VET is that “teaching and training are the heart of the knowledge society”. The DOCTAE Network moves along this key message by focusing on the fundamental role that trainers and teachers play in the modernisation and EU integration process of VET national systems. The professional development of vocational teachers and trainers remains a real challenge for most EU countries: therefore the need for a new professionalism, which must be oriented, among the others, towards the acquisition of new key competencies and of a European dimension and awareness in their daily activities.
The specific, concrete objectives of the project are:
1. Pooling of VET transnational, multi-stakeholder expertise to foster trainers changing role towards a well-qualified, mobile profession, placed within the context of European lifelong learning.
2. Identification of needs and requirements, and development of practical approaches and tools for the establishment of European Training Antennas, capable to anticipate and manage European (and global) VET changing scenarios, to convey new key competencies and European awareness in training activities, to promote transnational mobility and partnerships towards VET stakeholders.
3. Promotion, exploitation and sustainability of DOCTAE Network outputs and project results throughout the EU, by generating multiplier effects such as: further collaborations among partners; transfer of the European Training Antenna profile; enlargement of the network to other members, cooperation among VET and employment stakeholders, other networks, local and national decision-makers.
The above objectives are pursued through the following activities:
1. Survey of up-to-date EU sources on quality of VET trainers’ competences and qualifications and transnational analysis of trainers’ competencies needs.
2. Profiling of the European Training Antenna, consisting of a detailed job description and the provision of guidelines for competencies certification.
3. Development and testing of a multi-language training pathway (collected in the EuTA CD-ROM), including the 2 main areas of new key competencies of trainers and European awareness.
4. Enhancement of dissemination, exploitation of results and sustainability of the Network outcomes.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Utilization and distribution of results
description of new occupation profiles
transparency and certification
program or curricula
The DOCTAE network aims at producing the following pilot products:
1) Analysis and mapping of new key competencies’ needs for the “European Training Antennas”
2) Profiling and certification of the “European Training Antenna”, with respect to:
a. new key competencies of trainers (e.g. ICT, languages, entrepreneurship, etc.)
b. European awareness in teaching (e.g. intercultural dialogue, European citizenship)
c. Management of European tools and opportunities (EU institutions, strategies and programmes, ECVET, Europass, CQAF, project drafting and management, etc.)
3) Training pathways – development and testing - for the “European Training Antenna"
4) Website, workshops, conferences, newsletters, for project Promotion
5) Enlargement to new partnerships and/or agreements with other networks, decision-makers, relevant stakeholders, etc.