Title How to Manage My Own Skills
Project Number BG/06/B/F/PP - 166001
Project Type Pilot Project, project with multiplying effect (2000-2006)
Marketing Text The project provides innovative instruments for successful career-making in tourism sector. Tests for effective recruitment of appropriate personnel were developed for Human resource managers’ use.
HOW TO MANAGE MY OWN SKILLS project offers a chance for unemployed people to identify, review and self-assess their competence, skills, knowledge and thus to make a successful career within the tourism sector. It proposes quality assurance indicators for those employed in the tourism sector so that they can review and evaluate their skills, aptitudes and abilities. Furthermore, the project provides innovative materials, targeted to tourism business owners and HR managers to help them in recruiting qualified and motivated personnel.
Within the project a system, providing useful and sustained information was developed. That system contributes to the enrichment of vocational education training approaches in the field of tourism.
The project started 1 October 2006 and finishes on 30 September 2008.
The main aims of the project are:
• To design a tool for self-vocational guidance based on Life-Long Learning principles;
• To develop and carry out training for trainers and counselors in the field of tourism;
• To provide quality indicators in tourism sectors’ job positions by developing job profiles in this sector;
• To pilot the quality assessment procedures (self-guidance tool and trainers training ) and elaborate quality indicators;
• To raise qualification and motivation of already employed within the tourism industry;
• To design strategies, programmes and materials to be transferable to other target groups after the end of the project;
• To link to SMEs in order to explore the project products and outcomes.
The main target groups of the project are:
1) unemployed people who wish to find a professional realization in tourism sector;
2) already employed people, who wish to obtain additional professional knowledge and skills;
3) trainers with interests in the field of tourism;
4) training and vocational guidance organisations.
End- Users of project’s products are:
1) Human Resource managers;
2) Owners/managers of tourism SMEs;
4) postgraduates students;
5) career counselors.
Access for disadvantaged
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Other Service Activities
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
description of new occupation profiles
1. Need analysis report, available on paper and online;
2. HANDBOOK FOR MANAGERS, OWNERS AND TRAINERS IN TOURISM SECTOR, This product is designed in order to present a modern approach for recruitment of staff within tourism sector (hotels, restaurants and tourist agencies).
The handbook provides an opportunity for development of your individual potential and improvement of your managerial skills and abilities. Thus it limits the workforce turnover in your business in Tourism and ensures a good ground for achievement of high quality and efficiency.
3. HANDBOOK FOR EMPLOYEES AND UNEMPLOYED LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN THE TOURISM SECTOR, This handbook is designed for people who would like to start or progress in a career in the field of Tourism.
The product is in the form of psychological tests and questionnaires enabling evaluation and better understanding of the personal values, career preferences and motivation. The handbook is useful in the estimation what exactly the unemployed person or the employee who wishes to increase its qualification, needs to achieve in his work.
4. Online self-assessment tool. Based on our test methodology the targets can self-assess themselves in key skills. The Handbooks are available free of charge after registration on: www.zgura-m.eu/e-learning.