Project Number LLP/LdV/TOI/2007/IRL - 514
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
eTuition is a LdV Transfer of Innovation project based on a highly successful product developed under the Leonardo da Vinci PADD project - e-Cert Programme. The e-Cert will now be transferred to a new target group of tutors and teachers in Vocational Education and Training who had no or little exposure to Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in their personal and professional lives.
The ultimate objective of the eTuition project is to increase propensity of teachers to use ICT in Vocational Education and Training (VET) via a skills development programme that delivers competency, instils confidence and builds motivation. It will develop progression pathways for teachers' continuous professional development in the use of eLearning pedagogies and tools through a new eTuition Programme.
The new e-Cert VET programme will give teachers' competency in the everyday use of ICT and the eTuition programme will facilitate sharing of knowledge and best practices of the use of ICT in VET.
The last decade has seen a rapid adoption of ICTs in society and has resulted in demands on the VET sector to incorporate ICTs in all aspects of their activities, not least teaching practice and pedagogy. However many trainers and teachers in VET, especially those who are older, do not themselves use ICTs in their everyday lives, are fearful of technology and are not confident in taking a pro-active stance in adopting the use of ICTs in the classroom. Addressing this issue and based on extensive published surveys and research, the project has adopted the following aims and objectives.
• Increase the propensity of teachers to use ICT in VET via a programme that delivers competency, instils confidence and builds motivation.
• Develop progression pathways for teachers’ continuous professional development in the use of eLearning pedagogies and tools.
• Review best practice to inform product design & content.
• Develop an e-Cert VET programme, giving teachers’ competency in the everyday use of ICT.
• Develop an eTuition programme as a progression from e-Cert VET, focusing on eLearning.
• Teachers and Education Managers in VET who share responsibility for continuous professional development.
• Education Managers need a structured and effective CPD programme
– to encourage teachers who are late adapters of ICT and
– to support teachers who are ICT users but who need to be more informed about eLearning tools and strategies.
Description see summary
Open and distance learning
Sectors Information and Communication
program or curricula
e-Cert in VET Programme
eTuition programme & eTuition Community of Practice - a web 2.0 platform for teachers in VET (www.etuitionnetwork.eu)