Project Number LLP/LdV/TOI/2007/IRL - 514
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text tbc
The last decade has seen a rapid adoption of ICTs in society and has resulted in demands on the VET sector to incorporate ICTs in all aspects of their activities, not least teaching practice and pedagogy. However many trainers and teachers in VET, especially those who are older, do not themselves use ICTs in their everyday lives, are fearful of technology and are not confident in taking a pro-active stance in adopting the use of ICTs in the classroom. Addressing this issue and based on extensive published surveys and research, the project has adopted the following aims and objectives.
• Increase the propensity of teachers to use ICT in VET via a programme that delivers competency, instils confidence and builds motivation.
• Develop progression pathways for teachers’ continuous professional development in the use of eLearning pedagogies and tools.
• Review best practice to inform product design & content.
• Develop an e-Cert VET programme, giving teachers’ competency in the everyday use of ICT.
• Develop an eTuition programme as a progression from e-Cert VET, focusing on eLearning.
• Teachers and Education Managers in VET who share responsibility for continuous professional development.
• Education Managers need a structured and effective CPD programme
– to encourage teachers who are late adapters of ICT and
– to support teachers who are ICT users but who need to be more informed about eLearning tools and strategies.
Description see summary
Sectors Information und Kommunikation
e-Cert in VET Programme
eTuition programme & eTuition Community of Practice - a web 2.0 platform for teachers in VET (www.etuitionnetwork.eu)