Title EINET - European Trainee Enterprise
Project Number N/01/B/NT/131.069
Project Type Transnational and Multilateral Network (2000 - 2006)
Marketing Text The Vision of this project is to generate economic and social development through enterprise education and training and business development.
VISION - To generate economic and social development through enterprise education and training and business development.
MISSION - To promote quality and excellence in enterprise education, training and business development through transnational networks.
PURPOSE - Provide a European Transnational forum for the dissemination of information and innovation in the area of enterprise education, entrepreneurial training and business development.
- Promote and reinforce the contribution of enterprise education and training and business start-up and business development training to innovation, competitiveness, entrepreneurship and the creation of new employment possibilities.
- Raise the quality, develop innovative methods and curricula and provide a transnational dimension to enterprise (entrepreneurial) education, training and support
- Promote investment in human resources as a regional development strategy, a training strategy and as a business development strategy
- Promote transparency in accreditation including promoting new forms of certification and validation of professional experience in the area of entrepreneurial training
- Develop new approaches to lifelong learning in the area of enterprise and business start-up training, including a trans-national dimension emphasising equal opportunities and the development of generic skills aimed at the new working and social environments.
The goals will be achieved by the EINET network through the dissemination of experience, programmes and curricula and the promotion of innovative approaches.
This will be done:
- By providing access to a forum of European expertise within the area of enterprise education and training and developing entrepreneurship
- Through establishing a multi–levelled network with a Centre of Expertise, an Internet based Virtual Platform, a National "Core Partner" Unit, Regional "Permanent Relay Points" within each Partnership country and a local/regional network of different "Occasional correspondents" who will be contributing to the growth of knowledge and expertise within the network.
- By providing an EINET technical platform that will provide a data base, web-site and "Virtual Training Village", where target groups, can get access to training schemes, training, information, products and advice and support.
- By adaptation of enterprise education and training and business start-up and development training programmes and materials for a variety of disadvantaged target groups who have not previously had access to quality training in this field such as lone parents, drug users, ex-offenders, young people and adults from communities with low enterprise rankings etc.
The networks objectives:
- Establish EINET – with partners at 4 levels, transnational, national, regional and local level.
- Establish a centre of expertise that is capable of coordinating a work programme with partners, producing summaries, identifying trends, disseminating new methods and materials within the fields of enterprise / entrepreneurial education, training and support.
- Establish enterprise and entrepreneurial training and development units / programmes in all the partnership countries based on high quality standards.
- Create Network support for enterprise education / training and business creation at all levels.
- Create a technical platform to include a virtual training campus to give as many individuals as possible access to enterprise and innovative training and professional support. (This is such a core and fundamental part of the potential success of EINET a separate business plan will be developed for this area of work.)
- Synthesise existing knowledge to disseminate it to as broad an audience as possible.
- Ensure that the activities of the network are sustainable and are not confined to the contractual period of the project.
- Increase the number of players during the project period, both partners and trainees / enterprise students and offer them a pro-active network serving their interests.
- Ensure that the network’s activities are promoted to a wide audience at local regional, national and trans-national levels.
EINET Target Groups:
- Regional/local authorities, Trade organisations, Employer’s organisation, SME's, Vocational training centres
- Universities/Colleges, University Enterprise / Entrepreneurship Centres, Research Centres, BIC's, Business Incubator Centres, Public Authorities, Schools.
Members of EINET are European Organisations that share a common concern for developing, using and disseminating quality models for enterprise education, entrepreneurial training and business development.
All founding members of EINET are involved in the EUROPRISE Multiplier Project, funded under LEONARDO DA VINCI Programme.
All EINET founders have furthermore formally agreed in the establishment of the network and also in its future transformation into a transnational association, as according to the written Agreement which is hereby reproduced as Appendix.
EINET will welcome new memberships, from Organisations with similar aims, on a continuingly basis.
In the pre-association stage the network is organised as follows:
The Contractor - Head of Network will provide strategic management for EINET and work with others to set up secretariat to perform the central functions necessary for the successful establishment and development of EINET. The tasks will be:
- Provide a physical base for the network organisation – an administrative unit responsible for the daily management, co-operation of the project, reports and for motivating the partners internal, external communication, directing, delegating advising, initiating new projects and give professional and administrative support to the core partners (permanent Relay points).
- Organising network meetings twice a year – organised as conferences (with exhibitions, seminars/workshops with lectures and exchange of best practice.
- Organise Steering group meetings in connection with the network meetings and beyond that if necessary.
- Be responsible for developing and monitoring action plans, milestone meetings etc.
- Financial Management - budget provision, construct budget plans (business plan).
- Manage the budget, establish and maintain financial controls, explore other funding possibilities, maximise income earning activities to ensure sustainability for EINET beyond the Leonardo funding period.
- Monitoring/control of the project processes and economy.
- Create new initiatives together with the partners.
- Organise a Library on methods, studies, best practice in entrepreneurial and innovative subjects.
- Set up a Database – and electronic platform.
The Management Board will consist of representatives from the Contractor, the Key Core Partners from the Europrise Pilot and Multiplier period, and one representative from the new EINET-partners and will on behalf of the Contractor be responsible for:
- Strategic planning and decisions
- Setting goals for and monitoring the activity in the network
- Stimulating and agreeing new initiatives
- Searching for and evaluating new business activities
- Signing off Business Plans
- Evaluation of results
- Economic monitoring (Budget follow up)
- Invitations to new partners
- The Milestone Planning (MSP) – meetings every 3rd month – continuously evaluation where PG/partners evaluation, adjustment, redesigning plans between milestone periods.
The Project Management will be located in Bodø, Norway, and consist of the project manager and assistants. Main tasks are co-ordinating the work, monitoring the propulsion, motivation, communication and information within the network. On specific tasks the project management will be assisted by a Professional Support Unit located in Nottingham, England.
The project management will provide a range of services to the network in order to support the network to achieve the main goals. These services are provided to all partners and permanent relay points.
- Dissemination/transfer arrangements in order to mainstream the results obtained in Europrise Pilot and Multiplier into National/Community vocational training practices.
- Presentation of the EUROPRISE model to new partners on International conferences.
- Making the model, methodology, handbook/manual, curricula/syllabuses and the evaluation of results, available for other partner groups throughout Europe
- Invite new partners to participate in European International Network for entrepreneurial training and support – EINET.
- Arrange Europrise seminars together with the partners for motivating the local, regional and national authorities to support the initiative by focusing the need for increasing the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit/training and new business/enterprise initiatives.
- Arrange International Workshops on an annual basis to create a common meeting arena for EINET members and others.
- Mapping competence among the partnerships and in other environment.
- Develop and maintain the "Virtual Training Village" in accordance with a separate business plan (to be developed)
- Develop development projects together with the partners
- Give guidance and support to potential partners.
- Give partners free access to the EINET web – site.
In addition the aim is to assist the network:
- Creating business opportunities in establishing a project database that is available to the partners. This project database should be maintained on a "best practise" base, to help the partners to set up training programmes nationally that have a record of success internationally.
- Through the database develop a "project market" where partners should be able to sell their own competence to help other partners to set up training schemes and projects that contribute to the EINET overall aims.
- Setting up experience exchange session during networks meetings to promote focus on business opportunities.
The project management will be responsible for the development and maintenance of:
- The Technological Platform
- A Communication Strategy
To achieve this there will be developed a web-site to secure communication flow between partners and members. The web-site is planned to include:
- Virtual offices, conference rooms etc.
- News Bulletins (for partners only)
- Archive system
- Strategic plans & documents ex. templates)
- Discuss forum
- Chat room
- Interactive training arenas
Development of web-based commercial products:
- Virtual training Village
- Web-based News Magazine
- Data-bases – survey of books, articles, research reports, master papers, Curricula’s & syllabuses etc.
- Open Learning Concepts
The Professional Support Unit/PSU (Nottingham) will be specifically working with development and quality control of training concepts and be responsible for an annual international workshop and experience exchange forum. In addition it will assist the project manager in:
- Core business work,
- Experience transfer and
- Recruiting of new network members etc.
The management board will work out responsibilities and a detailed work programme for the professional support unit.
Core partners - National Head of networks, can be both national and regional bodies. The countries where EINET is represented will have National Units, whose primary job will be to:
- Promote the enterprise education and entrepreneurship training models,
- Recruit local and regional environments who works within the area of education, training and community development to initiate entrepreneurship training initiatives.
- Stimulate entrepreneurship training workers to develop learning and training materials, books, articles and research initiatives in the area of entrepreneurship etc.
- Initiate local, regional and national training projects that can promote entrepreneurship and innovation as a regional development strategy.
- Participate in developing and establishing regional training concepts in entrepreneurial and innovative training.
- Dissemination of good practice
- Extend the national network by recruiting new local and regional partners.
Permanent relay points (regional/local level) will consist of regional bodies responsible for executing, running and evaluating the education/training programmes based on Europrise and/or other training methods. Within the network they are responsible for (beside their core activities):
- Monitoring and evaluating the local activity/programmes
- Sharing experiences with other partners on specific programmes and activities
- Assist other partners in setting up and carrying through schemes and programmes on a contractual basis
- Dissemination of good practice
- Map and recruit regional entrepreneur talents as participants in entrepreneurial and innovative training concepts.
- Map and recruit professionals who are willing to develop a regional learning network in the area of practical entrepreneurial and innovative training.
There will as well be Occasional Correspondents (regional level) who will be regional/local representatives contributing to achieving the goals of EINET through involving themselves as professional co-workers in the Permanent relay points.
PROPOSED WORK PROGRAMME
EINET will support enterprise education, training and business creation at local, national and transnational levels by:
- Disseminating Europrise and other models of entrepreneurship, as adapted to different political, social and economic environments.
- Adapting Europrise and other models for other target groups in support of social inclusion.
- Providing new opportunities for disseminate curriculum and training materials.
- Identifying and disseminating models for evaluating effectiveness.
- Continuing to update and share materials for practical training within an enterprise.
- Publishing regular bulletins.
- Organising conferences and workshops.
- Develop an internet website to facilitate effective and efficient communication and to access support and materials.
- Creating a Distance Learning model by means of an internet based electronic platform, including amongst other things, a virtual classroom for effective transnational training.
- Support the development of a Youth Credit model for business start-up.
- Providing advice and consultancy services.
- Supporting project development.
- Bringing together public and private sector support to develop improved programmes.
- Strengthen networks enabling the exchange of knowledge, experience and skills on commercial, financial, social and cultural issues affecting the establishment of enterprises.
- Enabling young entrepreneurs to network, trade and access support.
- Translating best practice materials into the languages of the partners.