Title Working, learning and living in Europe
Project Number AT/08/LLP-LdV/IVT/158033
Project Type Mobility - initial vocational training IVT
Individual Participation Possible until: 08.02.2008
9 Students of our school (Secondary School for Careers in Commerce and Tourism took their compulsary work placement (12 weeks) in another Eurpean country (6 in Spain, 2 in GB and 1 in Ireland) in the hospitality and catering trade and tourism - hotels and restaurants.
They worked in kitchen, service(restaurants), reception(front office) and housekeeping.
The cmpulsory work placement in the hospitality and catering trade, taken between the third and fourth year, is part of the curriculum of the Secondary School for Careers in Commerce and Tourism and provide valuable learning experience consolidating the students' knowledge and preparing them for their final exams.
Its purpose is to
- facilitate quality of learning from work experience
- prepare students for effective transition into the workplace
- build confidence in the practical skills they acquired in the classroom
- help students make educational and career decisions and improve their employability
- define future career goals
- help students develop their personality
Employers play a vital role in enabling the student to develop their skills and enlarge their knowledge.
They areexpected to
- guarantee the students full employment
- help students get familar with the organizational structure of hotels and restaurants
- ensure safety in the students workplace
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Other Service Activities