Title Gestion de compétences dans le domaine de la production. Détermination, développement et évaluation de l’apprentissage informel dans le secteur de l’industrie des métaux et d'électrique.
Project Number D/05/B/F/PP-146 281
Project Type Projets Pilotes (2000-2006)
Le logiciel multilingue CM ProWork est un outil qui permet d’une nouvelle manière la gestion des compétences dans le domaine de production de l’industrie des métaux et d’électrique.
•Présente et rend comparable, sur une large base de l’industrie, des taches et des compétences industrielles d’employés semi qualifies et qualifies acquises de manière informelles
• Fournis au personnel cadre (dirigeants) en charge de la production un outil journalier pour faire le lien entre la gestion des taches, la planification des qualifications et le développement des compétences.
• Assiste le personnel des ressources humaines des entreprises du secteur de l’industrie pour évaluer le niveau de compétence dans les départements de production et aligner en conséquence le recrutement et les mesures de promotion du personnel.
Final report - short version
The central work result of the pilot project is a multilingual software tool for the competence management in the M+E production sector, which:
• Presents and makes comparable, on an industry-wide basis, task and process-oriented competencies of semiskilled and skilled workers (m+w) also acquired on an informal basis;
• Provides the executive staff active in the production with a everyday tool for the linking of task management, qualification planning and competence development;
• Supports human resources personnel in industrial enterprises to evaluate the competence level in production departments and accordingly align the recruitment of personnel and promotion measures.
An operating manual was integrated into the tool. A demonstration CD and an explicit glossary are available. In order to facilitate the implementation in the enterprises, and to provide educational institutions such as management consultancies a guide in regard to distribution, instructions for action (Good Practice) were established which also reflect the individual national conditions of application. The tool was comprehensively presented discussed in the target groups of the M+E production sector, work administrations and educational institutions, as well as in the academic field. . Within the scope of expert meetings, the social dialogue was held with social partners, representatives of the work administrations, consultants and academics. The tool is distributed free of charge in the scope of specific marketing models.
Competencies which are required for the modern production work can not or only roughly be registered by the known competence presentation procedures. The significantly improved procedure for the presentation of competencies is in particular advantageous for the group of workers, as their competencies (know how, capability, motivation) can now be promoted, evaluated and also significantly enhanced in a more targeted manner. Practical experience has shown that the workers have involved themselves in the use of the tool directly and without any prejudice.
The objectives of the pilot project CM ProWork could comprehensively be realised:
The projected instruments for the competence registration, development and evaluation for the non-formal learning in the process of the production work was developed, put on trial, and distributed. Executive staff and human resources personnel were supported to recognise the learning potentials of the workers and the starting points of competence development with the help of the tool. Beyond this, all flanking products stated in the application were established, which could be useful for the uncomplicated introduction of the tool in enterprises by training providers and consultants.
Modifications were conducted within the period of the project, which were partially based on prepositions from the partner network and which improved the user friendliness and helped to broaden the range of application. The newly joined partner PHWT contributed to create this functionality, which reached far beyond the initially projected design of the tool. Shortcomings in regard to the projected targets could not be registered. The following target transgressions can be stated:
- In the main product the CM ProWork tool, surplus to the plan, the analysis of the process competencies and the possibility to define items and generate enterprise-specific evaluation possibilities were integrated.
- In addition to the planned products, a glossary to the tool was established in both the English and the German language.
- A demonstration CD in the German language was established and made available for the distribution of the results.
- Many publications were realised that exceeded the number stated in the application.
- Significantly more enterprises were informed about the tool and instructed in regard to the application of the tool than stated in the application (via direct contact, transfer workshops, special symposia, lectures at professional associations)
CM ProWork Tool (Version 2.1):
The tool, in the course of its various development versions:
• Underwent pilot trial,
• Introduced to transfer companies
• As well as to interested groups such as
• educational institutions
• social partners ,
• representatives of regional administrations
• and the project advisory board.
due to the extensive feedback from the participants, a development stage could be reached that exceeded the planned scope and allows for additional functions.
• The final result, the CM ProWork Tool in its final version 2.1, is available to the partners free of charge. Subsequently, this positively supports its further distribution.
• A joint marketing strategy has been developed and executed by the partners and is enclosed in the final report.
The Good-Practice presentations were, as final results, individually developed country-specifically by each educational partner and presented to the project partners. The will actively provide support to the education providers at future presentations and implementations of the tool. Gained experiences, benefits and potentials of the tool are displayed and are suited to positively influence the decision makers in the enterprises in regard to the product. The presentations in the English language are accessible for the project partnership via the project homepage.
Instructions for action for education providers and consultants:
A joint instruction for action for education providers and consultants
was passed at the last workshop of the partnership. This, next to the function of the consultants, also deals with the selection of the enterprises, the benefits of the tool, customer recruitment and the need for support. This product also represents a final result of the project. It was, as it was also intended for the „internal“use, only distributed within the partnership. The individual project partners rounded off the instructions for action by adding country- specific supplements and translated the instructions for action.
The instruction for action is flanked by the operating instructions integrated in the tool, which is also available in all languages of the partnership. Additional support for the distribution is represented by the demonstration CD and the glossary, which provides an introduction into the competence conception.
Distribution of the final results:
The main focus of the marketing strategy is directed at the main product CM ProWork-Tool. All other products (e.g. the glossary) are either tied to the tool itself as an additional functionality, or serve the purpose of supporting the marketing and implementation (Good Practice Instructions, Demonstration CD, Website)of the product. For the further distribution of the tool, an agreement was concluded within the partnership for the further distribution was concluded.
The transnational activities significantly influenced the project results. An intensive exchange regarding country, respectively organisation-specific perceptions and concepts to the topic of competence management has taken place, which in turn, had influence upon the tool development. Due to proposals out of the partner network, the tool was expanded by the following elements and functionalities:
• Definition and presentation of the process-related competencies
• Possibility for the definition and presentation of items and the respectively contained requirements relating to their subtasks
• Improvement of the possibilities for integration in enterprise-specific systems using export functions
• Possibilities for enterprise-specific evaluations
The tool, due to these extensions, covers a wide range of European perceptions, expectations and demands. Its utilisation throughout Europe has been significantly improved and has gained in functionality oriented on company-related demands.
Beyond that, the partners were able to gain further experience regarding the culture-specific features and particularities of the professional and vocational training systems of the individual countries and the requirements of the integration of competence management concepts. The confrontation with the company-specific requirements in the different partner countries stated by the partners, in particular made clear that which tool developments were necessary to finally make it acceptable and applicable in all countries. All participants equally evaluated that, due to the consideration of the demanded modifications and extensions, the product quality was improved considerably in regard to user friendliness and functionality.
In a form that has not yet been in existence for the target group of workers in the production sector, an innovative instrument for the sustained registration and development of competencies has been created with the CM ProWork-Tool. The gained value for the target groups of the project can be depicted as follows:
- A gain in value is generated on European level for the policy of professional training and the manufacturing companies, as this instrument has enabled the task-related registration and presentation of competencies in the production sector. This does not only make competencies comparable company-internally, but also across companies and across different countries. Workers can now, in regard to their task and task process competencies, be compared throughout Europe. This represents an innovative contribution for the definition, registration, and evaluation of competencies, which were acquired in the work process by informal learning.
- An additional value is created for the workers themselves, whose competencies acquired in the work process by informal learning, can now be registered documented, certified and subsequently used for job changes or applications for promotions.
- An additional value is also generated for the executive staff in the production as task and competence management, organisation and competence development can now be interconnected and interlocked.
- An additional value is also generated for the human resources management, as, fort he first time, a deep insight into the acquisition of competency and the necessities of the competence development in the sector of the workers in the production is gained. Due to the item function contained in the tool, job descriptions and references are easier to establish and are more precise. In case of personnel absences due to retirement, illness or leave, substitute allocations can be handled more secure and precise.
- An additional value is not at last also created for all participants by the participative approach of the tool application that transports a high grade of sustainability due to the involvement of all parties involved.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Marché du travail
Accès pour les personnes moins favorisées
Égalité des chances
Sectors Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Méthodes de distribution
The aim is the Assessment and acknowledgement of comepetences in particular for low-and unskilled workers.
At first, products will be applicable to the Metal-and Electronic Industry. They are aimed to be transferable later on to other sectors/countries.
A variety of Valorisation activities could be developed so unfortunately it is not possible to up load every one at this project-data homepage.
For using the tool you need to have access to a personal computer and to sign a marketing agreement.
Projecthomepage http://www.cmprowork.com; transfer project: http://www.cmprowork.eu/