Title Modular teaching and learning offers for contemporary and needed further education
Project Number D/04/B/F/PP-146 157
Product Why is sustainable energy important to us and our clients?
Title Why is sustainable energy important to us and our clients?
Product Type modules
A series of sessions on the following sup topics:
- Introduction session: What does sustainable energy mean to the company?
- Session on sup topic 1: Why is sustainable energy important?
- Session on sup topic 2: Good customer relations: Know yourself!
- Session on sup topic 3: Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
- Session on sup topic 4: How can we serve our customers better?
- Rounding off: Evaluation and follow up
Target group Draughtsmen and electricians
This small company, which installs sustainable energy, is very active in the field of sustainability. Its employees, draughtsmen and electricians have built the company’s new sustainable office. The company won the first regional sustainability award. Since the subsidies on sustainable energy were terminated in the Netherlands a few years ago the amount of work in the field of sustainable energy has come under pressure. The company is able to survive because it is also qualified to install traditional energy technologies.
Microteaching topics The Director expressed his ambition to focus on the following topics:
• Increasing the involvement of employees in sustainable development
• Exchange of information about new technologies in search of inspiration to start up new activities
• Exchange of experiences with other entrepreneurs
Choice of topic Because of a reduced interest in the reasons for sustainable energy among the company’s (new) employees, the Director has chosen to focus on increasing the knowledge and awareness regarding this topic.
Active work forms It has been of great benefit to the project that the Director experienced all kinds of active work forms. In each session he tried something new, for example mind-mapping, fill in exercises (about facts and figures), short tests (about personal qualities), writing personal notes, a role play and a group inventory.
Evaluation The project has been successful. The Director experienced the sessions as useful. In the near future he will continue. He sees more challenges than problems. He especially appreciated the systematic approach. The employees liked the session and it is time saving (for the employees). It requires more preparation time from the trainer
Area of application
Sharing information to improve quality and raise awareness
Knowledge exchange to support the change in attitude
Companies that want to focus on intrinsic motivation and work behaviour
All material is available