Title WorkAge / Age-specific Training and Work in Europe
Project Number D/00/B/F/PP-112 180
Project Type Pilot Project, project with multiplying effect (2000-2006)
Marketing Text The demographic modifications in the composition of the working societies require a process of rethinking in enterprises and adult education establ...
The demographic modifications in the composition of the working societies require a process of rethinking in enterprises and adult education establishments concerning advanced vocational train-ing and permanent training of elderly working persons, since the future change must be organised with an ageing workforce.
In all countries of the European Union one can notice a rise of the populations´ age in conjunction with a strained job market situation.
Reintegration of elderly work persons after a phase of unem-ployment is difficult all over Europe.
At the same time, the requirement for a qualified workforce that cannot only be covered by the potential of younger working persons increases.
Elderly persons, who leave their enterprise also take out their specific knowledge and experience.
Certainly, there are strategies and knowledge how to deal with an elderly workforce but often the access to practical experi-ences lacks.
Integration of elderly working people / Maintenace of re-sources in enterprises
· Knowledge must be maintained in enterprises.
· Knowledge exchange between generations has to be sup-ported.
· Livelong learning must be initiated.
· Age-specific teaching and learning processes have to be developed.
· The communication possibilities between enterprises, adult education establishments, and research institutes must be adapted and internationally improved.
· Enterprises and employees need guaranteed working places.
Access for disadvantaged