Title Science At Theatre (SAT)
Project Number 2013-1-IT1-LEO05-03988
Project Type Innovationstransfer
In einer Wissensgesellschaft, die wissenschaftliche Forschung und technologische Entwicklung spielen eine wichtige Regel in der kulturellen und wirtschaftlichen Fortschritt. Wissen und Kultur Schutz der Demokratie, Bürgersinn, Innovation, auf der die Wettbewerbsfähigkeit der Gesellschaft geerdet.
Die Zusammenarbeit zwischen den wissenschaftlichen und sozialen Gemeinschaft stellt sich die Faszination der Berufe im Bereich Forschung und Entwicklung
"SAT" fördert eine didaktische Methodik unterstützt den Transfer wissenschaftlicher Inhalte durch den Einsatz von Techniken Drama
"SAT" kooperiert mit Schulen, um:
-verbreiten die Verwendung von nicht-formalen Bildungspraxis im Bildungssystem,
-motivieren die Schüler naturwissenschaftliche Fächer zu lernen,
-förderung der Vernetzung von Schulen und Universitäten, die im selben Gebiet.
Wir sind, was wir wissen.
Dies ist SAT
EU benchmarks and statistics on education show a low enrollment rate in science field of study at tertiary education level. The risk is the one of weakening the competitiveness and innovation capacity of the EU against its main international competitors. The results of the PISA survey in the Countries involved in the project witness unsatisfactory performances in science by 15 y.o. students.
The challenge and goal of the project is to upgrade the skills of teachers in scientific disciplines at secondary level in order to strengthen the attractiveness and understanding of Chemistry and Physics among young people. The proposed methodology makes use of fun, play and aspects of performing arts such as theatre, music, and film-making. The project foresee the transfer of some relevant experiences already developed by the University of Rome and targeted to primary school level, in order to readapt and use such model and approach in the framework of secondary school level.
Main activities of SAT project are:
1. Survey on innovative pedagogical methodologies for teaching Chemistry and Physics in the Countries of the partnership
2. Training workshops for teachers/trainers aimed to build competences in teaching scientific contents through performing arts (theatre).
3. Workshops with students aimed at creating Science-Theatre events that will be performed by teachers and students in Italian and Latvian schools.
4. Production of didactical Modules on specific themes relevant to chemistry and physics disciplines (national curricula- student age: 15-16 y. o.).
6. Peer Evaluation workshops and dissemination of the results of the project in the all Countries of the Partnership.
7. Production and wide diffusion of SAT Handbook, including guidelines to teach Chemistry and Physics exploiting innovative pedagogies based on drama techniques.
The transnational consortium represents five EU Member States (IT, DE, LV, GR, TR) and implies Universities, Schools, Public Administrations, NGOs and Vocational Training Centers specialized in training of trainers. All Partners are experienced in the management of cooperative national and transnational networks and in the implementation of actions concerning contents and topics faced by the project.
Science At Theatre (SAT) project fosters a didactic methodology based on the transfer of the Science contents foreseen in the compulsory education curriculum through the application of drama techniques. The method has been developed by the Department of Physic of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” and the Cultural Association “IL Globetto” and is the result of a long-standing experience (over ten years) in producing, organizing and divulgating “Science performances” addressed to low secondary students.
Within the project the SAT methodology will be transferred in Italy, Greece, Turkey, Latvia and The Netherlands.
• Updating the competences of Secondary Education teachers of Science subjects (Chemistry and Physics in particular) transferring them the theoretical and practical principles of the SAT methodology.
• Increased motivation of students in general and the ones “at risk” (school leaving/failure) in particular, in studying and learning scientific contents.
• Divulgation of practices/experiences fostering the design of innovative (non traditional) didactic materials/tools.
• Fostering the achievement of EU benchmarks related to the increase of enrolment rates in science field of study at tertiary education level.
• Promoting the networking between Schools and Universities working in the same territory.
Main features and results of the SAT method
• Mixing the experimental, interactive and cooperative approach with the recreational and technical elements of drama;
• students education to “rational thinking” and to the application of “logical reasoning”;
• fostering the creative attitude of students and educating them to teamworking;
• valorisation of the teaching of Science disciplines;
• improvement of students’ learning outcomes related to science contents;
• training a new profile: the “science educator-entertainer”.
Nutzung und Verbreitung von Ergebnissen
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Erziehung und Unterricht
Kunst, Unterhaltung und Erholung
Product Types Lehrmaterial
Main actions and products
Survey on methodologies and training practices similar to the one promoted by the project, addressed to teachers of scientific subjects in IT, LV, NL, GR, TR.
Production of didactical Modules on specific contents of Chemistry and Physics, in Italy and Latvia.
Training workshops on SAT model, addressed to secondary school teachers and trainers, in Italy and Latvia.
SAT Workshops addressed to secondary school students, in Italy and Latvia.
Production of scripts/storyboards on specific scientific contents (chemistry and physics), in Italy and Latvia
Performance of Theatre-Science events based on the scripts produced by the students, in Italy and Latvian.
Publication of the SAT Handbook (IT/EN).